Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurcher question

• 18-09-2013 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I read that a lurcher is a greyhound crossed with something and I wondered was there any way to tell what the cross is?
    I have a lovely rescued lurcher that has a brindle colour (according to a google search!) and would love to know what she is descended from!!

It might be a really stupid question!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Pop up a photo?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Another call for a photo!
    And just to be pedantic, a lurcher is a cross of any sighthound (not just greyhounds) usually with another working breed, such as collies, bull breeds, and leggy terriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Brindle is a common greyhound colouring - so it may come from the Greyhound side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ok this is her...

mcgl.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

She's lovely!
    There looks to be German Shepherd in there, which reminds me that I met lads out hunting last year with a lurcher that was German Shepherd x staffie x greyhound!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks!! She was really scared and shy when we got her in December so I love that photo-pure happy silly face!!

How funny, I have a lab x German Shepard x some kind of bull terrier too!!

Thanks for that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Deffo sheppy! Love her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm in love :p What a gorgeous happy trusting face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Beautiful! I do love big old standy up ears on a dog!

Advertisement