Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Well it's the start of 5th year for me, back to school, back to deciding on what I want to do in life and all that jazz..:) As a career I want to do medicine but the career guidance in my school is terrible and I'd rather ask for information here.

I know i'll need 6 A1's and that's grand, doing 2 science subjects, chem and biology but not doing a language. Do I need to pick a language up now or can I get away without it? I'm fairly sure Trinity accepts Irish as a second language at least.

I know for a fact I won't be able to afford it myself without grants, where can I find out some information on that too. Can someone direct me to somewhere with all the necessary information on the matter or walk me through the requirements for actually doing medicine.

If I missed anything that you think I should know about, tell me :D. Also if anyone has actually got 6 A1's in the leaving how much study should I be doing aside from homework. It's obviously personal preference but I don't want to burn myself out this early. It's still only fifth year, I have plenty of time to perfect my study method.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement