Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brushes!

• 18-09-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to update my brush collection, I have all the basics so there is nothing I need so just looking for people's must haves, especially for eyes etc.

Preferably from good quality but cheaper alternatives to MAC, like crown/sigma/blank canvas etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Crown will have a stand at the beauty show this October!! I can't wait, cannot. Wait. I've been saving since march for this show. And I'm going to get all the brushes!! So can recommend more then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

when and where is this beauty show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Zoeva brushes are top quality. They are reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Crown will have a stand at the beauty show this October!! I can't wait, cannot. Wait. I've been saving since march for this show. And I'm going to get all the brushes!! So can recommend more then :)

I can't wait either! I haven't gotten my "badge" yet though!
    Also I can only go on the Monday so don't want things to be sold out before I get there (C433 in particular) so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy online and pick up extras in there? Or is there a big discount at the show?

I can't imagine they be all sold out on the Monday to be honest, I always go on the Monday because I find they have better sales, trying to get rid of the last of the stuff. Last time I got a rockstar tan machine, tent and litre of tan for 150 euro. Bargain!!

• Advertisement

Is this a trade only event or is it something that's open to the public?

Is this a trade only event or is it something that's open to the public?

Trade event, but they're not overly strict on it, just say you're a mobile therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm a massive fan of the Real Techniques brushes. The expert face brush & stippling brushes in particular are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Wheres the one in October?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have the Sigma Mrs. Bunny set and it's an amazing cruelty free brush set! The brushes are incredible and I'm a sucker for the blue and pink design!

I was at the beauty show last year and checked out all the Crown brushes, they're nice but a lot of them aren't cruelty free, just something to note!

mrs-bunny.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

ShazGV wrote: »
    I'm a massive fan of the Real Techniques brushes. The expert face brush & stippling brushes in particular are great!

I love these brushes too. I also have a set of Bobbi Brown and Mac, but Real Techniques would be my go-to choice. They're fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭loomk

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I love these brushes too. I also have a set of Bobbi Brown and Mac, but Real Techniques would be my go-to choice. They're fab!

Me too. They are amazing.
    Their blender eyeshadow brush is unbelievable.
    As is the expert face, stippling and blush..

So cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Love the Real Techniques brushes. Have loads of Mac brushes that I got in the States years back and I don't find them as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

What is the show????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Ended up getting a load of Crown eye brushes! 11 of them for €50 - can't go wrong!
    Got to use them today for first time and I really love them,so sort and densely packed and perfect for what they're needed for :) my only complaint is that a few of them didn't have their code/name embossed on the side (around 4 out of 11 I think), not a big deal but I thought it was very sleek and professional looking with the codes..

Full list of the ones I got here - http://beautywithbrushes.blogspot.ie/2013/09/crown-brushes-haul-discount-code.html

Oh and use FINS2013 if ordering from them before 30/9/13 to get 10% off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

when and where is this beauty show?
    Orlee wrote: »
    Wheres the one in October?
    What is the show????

Why is no one answering this?!!!!

Why is no one answering this?!!!!

I didn't answer because I thought someone else who knows more about it would. I've never been.

Pretty sure this is it:

http://www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sun_seeker

Are there any shops stocking crown brushes or can they only be purchased online. €6 postage is turning me off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I have the Sigma Mrs. Bunny set and it's an amazing cruelty free brush set! The brushes are incredible and I'm a sucker for the blue and pink design!

I was at the beauty show last year and checked out all the Crown brushes, they're nice but a lot of them aren't cruelty free, just something to note!

mrs-bunny.jpg
    Wow!! I love the look of these brushes too,how much did you pay for the whole set and where did you get them? I have bobbi brown brushes and a lancome one, but i have had them years and im looking to get a whole new set!

Advertisement