Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (Week 28), Sept 20-24, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Six pointer in Tolka.

Probably end up being a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Six pointer in Tolka.

Probably end up being a draw.

As we all might know, a draw is not enough for Shels, we have to start winning matches. I just hope, they players can deal with the pressure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Really need to get the finger out tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some massive games this weekend. Im more hopefully then expecting a win tomorrow night. Bolger is a big loss and with Brennan and McFaul doubtful we could struggle in the midfield. Still we have the players to do it and hopefully we can win.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Must not lose. Win would be a huge step towards safety.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nerves are gradually setting in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Can't wait for Dundalk game tomorrow night. Over a thousand travelling to Inchicore for the game. Should be some atmosphere. Wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw as on paper we have a handier run in than Pats.

Towell awarded the Player of the month this morning following on from Hoban winning it last month. Great times for Dundalk fans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Arguably much bigger game in Tolka than Richmond. Three points for either side could settle their fate

dfx- wrote: »
    Arguably much bigger game in Tolka than Richmond. Three points for either side could settle their fate
    Much bigger? Would have to respectfully disagree with that. It doesn't get much bigger than the two best teams in the league fighting it out against each other with the league entering its closing stages.

A battle with the best should always overshadow a battle with the worst.

Pighead wrote: »
    Much bigger? Would have to respectfully disagree with that. It doesn't get much bigger than the two best teams in the league fighting it out against each other with the league entering its closing stages.

Don't disagree with you but the battle at the bottom is much more important to the teams at the bottom and their survival as clubs than the game between the top two is to the teams involved in that if you get what I'm saying.

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    Don't disagree with you but the battle at the bottom is much more important to the teams at the bottom and their survival as clubs than the game between the top two is to the teams involved in that if you get what I'm saying.
    Obviously the Shels V Bohs game is the biggest game on this weekend to both their sets of fans and rightly so but surely to the neutral the Pats V Dundalk blockbuster is the hottest league of Ireland ticket in town this weekend?

Don't remember too much fanfare when we were scrapping for survival last season.

Obviously the Shels V Bohs game is the biggest game on this weekend to both their sets of fans and rightly so but surely to the neutral the Pats V Dundalk blockbuster is the hottest league of Ireland ticket in town this weekend?

Don't remember too much fanfare when we were scrapping for survival last season.

Obviously Pats v Dundalk is the "box office" game of the weekend and is rightly on TV. But dfx was saying that Shels and Bohs is more important. Its potentially the last time that the two oldest clubs in the league will meet, although whatever the result I hope this is not the case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Were Dundalk ever scrapping for survival last season though. I remember them essentially being cut adrift from about mid-season, playing for the play-off.

Pats are already starting to crumble and it has been a few seasons since there's been a relegation-at-stake game. Galway in 2011 were long gone, Monaghan and Dundalk last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Fingers crossed for one more dismal performance from shelolbourne.

3 points tomorrow night for Bohs and I can't see Shels recovering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bohsboy wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for one more dismal performance from shelolbourne.

3 points tomorrow night for Bohs and I can't see Shels recovering.

Yeah yeah yeah. Bohs on the other hand would be unaffected by defeat no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dfx- wrote: »

A win won't settle anything for us as we'd still be just a point ahead of Bohs.

A defeat on the other hand would leave us in a battle to get into the play-off.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    A win won't settle anything for us as we'd still be just a point ahead of Bohs.

A defeat on the other hand would leave us in a battle to get into the play-off.
    Even if Bohs win your lot will still only be a couple of points behind them if you win your game in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Even if Bohs win your lot will still only be a couple of points behind them if you win your game in hand.

Which is away to Derry.

And we haven't taken a point from any of the top four sides this season. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If we go down we'll be gone in a few years essentially, Bohs would be in the same position I'd guess!

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah yeah yeah. Bohs on the other hand would be unaffected by defeat no doubt.

Nah, ye are on such a poor run another hiding tomorrow night should hopefully see you disposed of for this season. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    Nah, ye are on such a poor run another hiding tomorrow night should hopefully see you disposed of for this season. Fingers crossed.
    Have Bohs given ANYONE a hiding this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bohs haven't the easiest of run ins so tomorrow is a must win for us, relegation can not happen it's as simple as that!!

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Which is away to Derry.

And we haven't taken a point from any of the top four sides this season. :(

It's about time to change that...

I just hope, everything stays peaceful tomorrow night...even if the points stay in Tolka :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Have Bohs given ANYONE a hiding this season?

Ask that again at 11pm Friday night. Confident we can beat your lot 7-0*. I love Shels away, always reminds me of Bobby Ryan's last minute winner in Tolka to clinch the title.... jesus, that was a decade ago!!!

*would take a nil all draw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Big night in Galway tonight for Athlone. Depending on results, they can win the league tonight.

Hon the fecking Town!

Apparently there will be over 1600 Dundalk fans in attendance tonight. That's unreal considering our average home attendance isn't much more than that.

Current form P16 W14 D1 L1. That one game we lost was against Limerick where we were 2-0 up at half time and somehow managed to lose 3-2. Chris Shields and Darren Meenan will be missed tonight but we've got a decent squad and should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

biggest match for dundalk in years- c`mon the town -3-1 dundalk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Haven't looked forward to a Shels match like the one tonight since the return of the Judas trio.

I have absolutely no idea why I'm so confident but I'm going with a 2-0 Bohs win tonight. I've a sneaky feeling we might outnumber Shels also.

Madworld wrote: »
    Haven't looked forward to a Shels match like the one tonight since the return of the Judas trio.

I have absolutely no idea why I'm so confident but I'm going with a 2-0 Bohs win tonight. I've a sneaky feeling we might outnumber Shels also.

I'm well used to that feeling :rolleyes:

But even if you bring tens of thousands to Tolka, it's the players who decide the match in the end ;)

Did someone mention a nil all draw already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nerves kicking in now. Bohs have been playing relatively well recently even in defeat to Sligo. Shels will be looking to bounce back after that result in the cup last week.

Expecting a tight affair and a lot of chewed nails.

Saw on my Facebook feed that there's encouragement from a documentary maker toward attendees tonight to record their fans noise and banter at the Shels v Bohs game tonight, apparently to be screened next year on RTE.

If we don't beat Shelbourne on the pitch, we will definitely win in the terraces support wise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It really is must win. I'd expect Bray to get something in Derry tonight. Gonna be such a nervy game of football.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Saw on my Facebook feed that there's encouragement from a documentary maker toward attendees tonight to record their fans noise and banter at the Shels v Bohs game tonight, apparently to be screened next year on RTE.

If we don't beat Shelbourne on the pitch, we will definitely win in the terraces support wise!!
    Interesting you say that, because I remember complete silence at Dalymount in the home end last time you didn't beat us on the pitch.

Nerves have properly kicked in. I do think we are better than Bohs but with Memery and Shortall still out we remain beatable at the back

We were in complete shock CSF. We know what needs to be done tonight and I expect you'll hear a raucous crowd from our end.

Something we can both agree on perhaps, what a f**king fantastic evening out there for a Dublin Derby!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    We were in complete shock CSF. We know what needs to be done tonight and I expect you'll hear a raucous crowd from our end.

Something we can both agree on perhaps, what a f**king fantastic evening out there for a Dublin Derby!!!
    Yeah I can't wait, my nerves weren't built to handle the likes of this. Never been in a relegation battle as a supporter before this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Never been in a relegation battle as a supporter before this season.
    They can be great craic :D

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    They can be great craic :D

I'd prefer to be taking your word for it. Dean Kelly out for us. Massive blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Ger O'Brien is fairly getting stuck in for Pats - not usually like him

I'd prefer to be taking your word for it. Dean Kelly out for us. Massive blow.

F*ck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Anyone watchin St Pat's v Dundalk on RTE, for some reason an image of a shop front appeared onscreen for a second. Full house at Richmond park, game needs a goal.

• Advertisement

Quiet in here. Match is entertaining.

Bohs one up. Great start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pats v Dundalk is a poor game so far.
    Played at 100 mph and some very poor passing.
    Players need to put their foot on the ball and slow it down.
    The big crowd is creating a good atmosphere though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Lennonist wrote: »
    Anyone watchin St Pat's v Dundalk on RTE, for some reason an image of a shop front appeared onscreen for a second. Full house at Richmond park, game needs a goal.

Thought I was going mad...phewww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did anyone recognise the shop?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Even enough for the first 15-20 minutes in UCD before Sligo took over. Would be ahead if it wasn't for Hugh Douglas somehow getting back to head off the line.
    What I wouldn't give to nick a 1-0 win.

Did anyone recognise the shop?

Did you see it as well, thought I was the only one that seen it.

Good goal that, game over.

Shels are poisonous. Lucky to be just one down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Pats effectively won the league tonight imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement