Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (Week 28), Sept 20-24, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Athlone are one point away from going up, delighted! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

1 null win for Athlone means we only need 1 point from our last 3 games to get promoted.

Hon the fu*king town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

1 point, three games. Hopefully Athlone seal the deal against Waterford next week, it's going to be electric. :D

HON THE TOWN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I hate football :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Don't know why Russell keeps persisting with Ger Barron in goals. He's a very good shot stopper but is a complete liability in other areas. How on earth do you concede direct from a corner :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Just in the door

What a night, Cracking result, good Bohs crowd and great performance.

3 Nil flattered Shels...very poor side can't see them recovering from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

major bill wrote: »
    Just in the door

What a night, Cracking result, good Bohs crowd and great performance.

3 Nil flattered Shels...very poor side can't see them recovering from this.

Agree unfortunately. Lee Murphy in goal was our man of the match.
    The rest can f*ck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Well, that was handy, but probably expected by Shels fans ;)

Limerick on Tuesday suddenly looks like a great opportunity to get three more points. Massive step to safety tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Worst performance of the season for dundalk
    Pats deserved the win in fairness
    Referee Tom Connolly is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

blingrhino wrote: »

From what I hear he wasn't helped by two teams who persisted in kicking lumps off each other, diving, cheating and moaning at him all night. O'Donnell was a deserved red, strike or attempt to strike is a red card, no complaints. Mulvenna and Forrester should of walked for their scrap at the end too.

A poxy game with not a phase of decent passing or possession football. Kick and rush all night.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Well, that was handy, but probably expected by Shels fans ;)

Limerick on Tuesday suddenly looks like a great opportunity to get three more points. Massive step to safety tonight.

I expected a tough game alright, but not some decadent performance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

A poxy game with not a phase of decent passing or possession football. Kick and rush all night.
    Great entertainment though, given what was at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Very efficient performance from Bohs. Everybody worked their bollocks off. Ref was utter shíte.

I'd be worried for Shels. They were awful tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

From what I hear he wasn't helped by two teams who persisted in kicking lumps off each other, diving, cheating and moaning at him all night. O'Donnell was a deserved red, strike or attempt to strike is a red card, no complaints. Mulvenna and Forrester should of walked for their scrap at the end too.

And thats why Connolly should never ref a LOI match again.No consistency at all and then when Pats score Flood runs past a linesman giving Dundalk fans all the abuse of the day and no action taken!

Fair play to Pats on the win btw,better team on the night but still all to play for in the run in with 5 games left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Plenty of time for Pats to crumble yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

blingrhino wrote: »
    see my rants last friday... altho the worst may have been on other forums/pms

fair play athlone, if you dont do it next week i imagine you will v us. baring the decent start and cup run its been an awful season (altho id happily throw a spanner in the works for 07:pac:)

cracking second for st pats, should be able to see it out from here, if sligo are still within 5 when you meet it could get interesting but im not convinced by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Fantastic result for Bohs tonight in Tolka, first half quality of football was just ok but second half Bohs played some really neat incisive football and only for the superb performance of Shels keeper, Lee Murphy, they could have won by more than three. What really really impressed me was the massive turnout of Bohs fans who packed the Riverside Stand and created an electric atmoshpere more akin to a Cup final they really were the 12th man. Shels got a huge gate from tonight's game but Bohs got the all important three points. Not safe yet but heading in the right direction with UCD, Bray also losing a great night all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Btw Bohsboy,you seem to have insightful knowledge off a match that you claim you didn't see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Great result tonight. Hopefully its enough to keep us away from the playoffs.

Great atmosphere from our end. Couldn't get over how bad the Shels crowd were though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

As an admitted "casual" fan, I'm surprised at how gutted I am after tonights result. Shels more or less consigned to relegation once more, doesn't help that it was at the hands of Bohs, but it was nice to be back supporting the club and if anything, I think I'll make more of an effort to go along in future, despite the result.

Also, I managed to drag along one Bohs fan, one Sligo fan and one potential Shels fan to the game, all of which rarely attend games (the Sligo fan is beter at it than me though), so that's at least one victory, getting people through the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

One of the best, if not the best, atmospheres from a Bohs crowd this season.

If shels play like that for the rest of the season we will have nothing to worry about.

Once again, Dave Mulcahy shows up for the big game, beast indeed.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Best I've seen Bohs play since the 4-0 decimation of Rovers last July. Very fluent football last night and I feel we're gonna stay up now as other results went our way.

The Riverside Stand was packed and we brought the noise like I knew we would. Shels fans were brutal I thought. Murph In goal was immense for them though, deserves a lot of kudos for his performance.

Those nights are why going to games trumps Sky Sports Super Sunday every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Waterford had the SE Derby won after 10 minutes last night, fair play to them. Youths do not seem to be able to impose themselves from the KO these days and often it is too late by then. Battling 2nd half performance though from a very young side

Just so I don't get a warning 2 weeks in a row, I would just like to say that a certain lino had a game equal to the standard he achieves most weeks. Well done that man :rolleyes:

The Star is reporting an attendance of 2028 at Tolka last night. There must've been at least 1000 in the away section?

Also, bit of a nuisance having to queue up twice to get in. Once at the 'box office' for tickets along Richmond Road and then again at the stiles. Why not flog them AT the gate like everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I hate Matthews. He really did sign the most inept bunch of players ever at the beginning of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

SantryRed wrote: »
    I hate Matthews. He really did sign the most inept bunch of players ever at the beginning of the season.

I hate the board that allowed him to continue on at the start of the season and bring in those inept bunch of players. (That doesnt mean I am exonerating Mathews of any hate :D )

Somebody at the club should have been more hands on with how the players were used or not used in some cases.

In the clash of the top 2 last night there were 7 ex reds in both squads

Conan Byrne: Was only good enough for the bench under Mathews :rolleyes:
    Philly Hughes: On loan to Pats for some bizarre reason
    Anto Flood: Was he even offered a contract before he went to Galway???
    Lorcan Fitzgerald: Released
    Brian Gartland: Released in 2007, was not deemed good enough for Division 1
    Andy Boyle: A fantastic player for us but again left the club in bizarre circumstances. Was he even offered a contract by Mathews and the club?
    John Sullivan: Released mid season last year

Apart from Hughes, these players all left in the assumption from the club that they were not really good enough yet they were involved in a title decider last night. The whole league is littered with players that Keely and Mathews deemed not good enough and yet those players are prospering and Shels are on the verge of relegation.

The club is as badly run on the pitch than it was off the pitch pre-2006. If we scrawled through the Shelbourne squads of 2007 on-wards of players that were let go, miss-used and unused, you could probably scrape together a title challenging side.

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Star is reporting an attendance of 2028 at Tolka last night. There must've been at least 1000 in the away section?

Also, bit of a nuisance having to queue up twice to get in. Once at the 'box office' for tickets along Richmond Road and then again at the stiles. Why not flog them AT the gate like everyone else?

Because we just like to annoy the away supporters in Tolka :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sickened after last nights game. We didn't turn up. Meenan was a big loss as we really missed his delivery's from corners.

We've scored quite a few goals from corners this season but last night they were poor. Pats weren't great either but they got the job done and were the better team on the night.

Still five games to go and we have the easier run in so I've not given up hope just yet.

Lars1916 wrote: »

Lars, your smilies in every message you post are far more annoying pal!!!

Lars, your smilies in every message you post are far more annoying pal!!!

At least, I didn't post any of them last night, after I came back home...well...I posted 'I hate football', but there wasn't any appropriate smileys to express my feelings ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Suppose you have to do something to try and ruin the away fans day after they have left Tolka with 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Great atmosphere and very enjoyable match in Inchicore last night. Very even 1st half but we were better in the 2nd half by a fair bit. Dundalk's subs didnt work and once O'Donnell got sent off (Havent seen for what yet) we were very comfortable. Our defence, Russell and Kavanagh were all excellent and set us on our way. 5 matches still to go so its not over yet.

Oh Yeah Shels :pac::pac:

kksaints wrote: »
    Suppose you have to do something to try and ruin the away fans day after they have left Tolka with 3 points.

Let's put it this way, if the visiting team has supporters, who just have a party, after the usual 3 points in Tolka, nobody really tries to spoil the party :)

Let's put it this way, if the visiting team has supporters, who just have a party, after the usual 3 points in Tolka, nobody really tries to spoil the party :)

:confused:

:confused:

No hard feelings, please. But ripping out seats has nothing to do with 'having a party'. Those, who do stuff like that just don't care about the majority of decent supporters...and this applies to any set of supporters.

No hard feelings, please. But ripping out seats has nothing to do with 'having a party'. Those, who do stuff like that just don't care about the majority of decent supporters...and this applies to any set of supporters.

Lost in translation.

What are you talking about?

Lost in translation.

What are you talking about?

About something, I witnessed last night in the Riverside Stand :(

Ripping up seats? When did this happen? Didn't see anything of the sort.

Aye..ripping up seats. Shortly after Bohemians went 1:0 up.

Given your post, you were there last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The difference between St. Pats and Dundalk last night was that the center of Dundalk's defence was non-existent.

Aye..ripping up seats. Shortly after Bohemians went 1:0 up.

Given your post, you were there last night?

I was there man yeah, in the Riverside. I was probably too busy celebrating to see anything like that but if it's true, that's terrible form and needless. I've never witnessed any hostility between the two sets of fans through the years, always thought of it as a neighbourly rivalry.

I was there man yeah, in the Riverside. I was probably too busy celebrating to see anything like that but if it's true, that's terrible form and needless. I've never witnessed any hostility between the two sets of fans through the years, always thought of it as a neighbourly rivalry.

The majority of the Bohs fans were having a party alright, but it was some kids...let them be 12, 13, 14 years of age, had a different understanding of 'party'...left hand side of the Riverside, towards the New Stand :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

15095_557013264347469_1764948088_n.jpg
    1238982_10201080534150130_500517993_n.jpg

Two pictures off our forum from last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd have guessed around 800, Dundalk had 670 for their League game against us and yesterday looked slightly more.
    I hate the board that allowed him to continue on at the start of the season and bring in those inept bunch of players. (That doesnt mean I am exonerating Mathews of any hate :D )

Somebody at the club should have been more hands on with how the players were used or not used in some cases.

In the clash of the top 2 last night there were 7 ex reds in both squads

Conan Byrne: Was only good enough for the bench under Mathews :rolleyes:
    Philly Hughes: On loan to Pats for some bizarre reason
    Anto Flood: Was he even offered a contract before he went to Galway???
    Lorcan Fitzgerald: Released
    Brian Gartland: Released in 2007, was not deemed good enough for Division 1
    Andy Boyle: A fantastic player for us but again left the club in bizarre circumstances. Was he even offered a contract by Mathews and the club?
    John Sullivan: Released mid season last year

Apart from Hughes, these players all left in the assumption from the club that they were not really good enough yet they were involved in a title decider last night. The whole league is littered with players that Keely and Mathews deemed not good enough and yet those players are prospering and Shels are on the verge of relegation.

The club is as badly run on the pitch than it was off the pitch pre-2006. If we scrawled through the Shelbourne squads of 2007 on-wards of players that were let go, miss-used and unused, you could probably scrape together a title challenging side.

Granted I agree the board are too blame largely, most of those players left due to money.

3 seats ripped at the creche part of the Riverside yesterday.

3 seats ripped at the creche part of the Riverside yesterday.

Scumbags.

• Advertisement

Also coming home from work on the Luas around 7pm and it was great to see a row full of buses going down Tyrconnell Rd presumably full of Dundalk fans.

Scumbags.

Hardly a good idea getting a fine for the sake of ripping 3 seats up.

Hardly a good idea getting a fine for the sake of ripping 3 seats up.

There's no excuse for wrecking property in a stadium, ever. I didn't see it happen but if yourself and Lars saw it I'm not doubting you. Saw the Bebo brigade showing up in the Riverside maybe 10 mins after kick-off and they went straight down as close to the New Stand as possible to throw the arms out at your fans. So I'd imagine they're your culprits, little tramps. As I said, love Tolka away, some great memories there and always thought of Shels vs Bohs as a well natured rivalry.

There's no excuse for wrecking property in a stadium, ever. I didn't see it happen but if yourself and Lars saw it I'm not doubting you. Saw the Bebo brigade showing up in the Riverside maybe 10 mins after kick-off and they went straight down as close to the New Stand as possible to throw the arms out at your fans. So I'd imagine they're your culprits, little tramps. As I said, love Tolka away, some great memories there and always thought of Shels vs Bohs as a well natured rivalry.

Now we are talking about the same guys. It was maybe 20 of them, a handful of them came in at around 7:30ish already, sitting at the back wall, then the rest came, as you said, shortly after KO.
    For me, it was just sad to see, how young they actually were, but the good thing was, that the vast majority of the Bohs fans seemed to ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Also coming home from work on the Luas around 7pm and it was great to see a row full of buses going down Tyrconnell Rd presumably full of Dundalk fans.

Easily 1400 from dundalk travelled to pats.
    All initial 1000 ground tickets were sold in two hours.

Hard to believe pats official attendance of 3313 :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement