Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling fans of the Alien / Aliens franchise. Marines wanted!

• 19-09-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

It is very early days, but I wanted to gauge the level of interest before I proceeded with the project.

I’m working on a trilogy story arc set within the Aliens universe. I’ll be creating a professional website to present my humble tale towards the end of the year. The story will link with the existing source material but then proceed on its own path. At this point just the initial story is completed and runs at over 250 pages. This is purely my own project and I receive no payment. It is purely for the experience and the ability to create my own corner in the alien universe.

I want to ensure that the story is supported by reference material and to achieve this I would be looking for volunteers. Essentially what this would consist of is suitable people being available for a couple of hours on a nominated weekend in Dublin. The selected people would dress as a character in the first story of the series and have their picture taken in character for the site. That picture would then go on the site along with the character bio when the site goes live.

There is a wide of characters ranging from combat operational marines, officers, androids, and Weyland-Yutani staff. In total there are 25 characters spilt between 22 males and 3 females. Ordinarily I would have a 3d artist create the character reference images but given the gritty nature of the aliens’ universe, I think real people would convey the tone of this trilogy better.

If interested then let me know and I can provided additional details.

Thanks,
    D

Advertisement