Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Buy BF4 - For PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Ordered from simplycdkeys as well, Dice better rectify this issue with my gtx 295,or else it's definitely time for a new gfx card ;-)

Well m8, it runs like a pig even on medium settings on my gtx 680. Its just optimisation issue. Wheres my buddy is playing on his 7770 and does not have huge issues at all.
    Hold off until you got retail version of the game. New AMD gen is announced same day Beta is over too.

If BF4 will really run like a dog on Nvidia cards that are older then 7 gen, then I wount bother with updating GPU and just ignore BF4 on Pc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Running ok for me on 660 Ti some settings on Ultra/High with AA and HBAO off @ 1920X1200 55-100fps.
    At times for no reason fps will dip to mid 30`s for about 1 second, only happens the odd time though.
    Obviously needs optimization, many well known youtubers and streamers who played updated versions saying the difference in the one they played and the one we are playing now is chalk and cheese.
    Silly move from EA/Dice as quite a lot are sitting on the fence, this buggy,laggy,poorly optimized effort is doing nothing to encourage these people to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the issue with fps appears to be linked to CPU not your graphics cards. It seems the game is demanding too much from the cpus and if you have hyperthreading it ignores it. So i'm nervous and up sh*t creek cause my cpu is the oldest part of my rig and if the full game doesnt handle it well I'll need to gut most of my pc :(

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the issue with fps appears to be linked to CPU not your graphics cards. It seems the game is demanding too much from the cpus and if you have hyperthreading it ignores it. So i'm nervous and up sh*t creek cause my cpu is the oldest part of my rig and if the full game doesnt handle it well I'll need to gut most of my pc :(

What ya running?

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHZ here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Same here - bf4.exe is using at least 70% of my CPU and at least 2.5GB of RAM (out of my 6GB).

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    What ya running?

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHZ here.

try an amd phenom 2 x4 955 3.2 ghz

:D

it is next on my list to replace but i'm strapped for cash right now and I got to replace the Mobo aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

try an amd phenom 2 x4 955 3.2 ghz

:D

it is next on my list to replace but i'm strapped for cash right now and I got to replace the Mobo aswell.

Ill be watching your posts here and in Building & Upgrading , I'm running the same and thinking the same .

I did a post a while a go in the building upgrading here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85262126

where i got directed to consider picking up an i5 ivybridge and a decent mobo.

Most of my other parts can carry over (including the gfx card) and if I get a decent mobo my card in sli is still pretty damn good and relatively cheap to find atm.

I already have a 7870 and 8 gigs of ram so I am looking at cpu & mobo only . Need to do some research but am reluctant to part ways with AMD .

jonski wrote: »
    I already have a 7870 and 8 gigs of ram so I am looking at cpu & mobo only . Need to do some research but am reluctant to part ways with AMD .

sorry the discussion started on cards but moved to mobo and cpus in the second half

bloodbath recommended these to me: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z77-Extreme4-Motherboard-Supports-CrossFireX/dp/B007KTY4A6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372866737&sr=8-1&keywords=asrock+z77+extreme+3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372866700&sr=8-1&keywords=3570k

• Advertisement

Guys, anyone went for this deal?

https://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefield-4-Premium-Edition-EA-Origin-Keys.html

79.99eu for bf4+premium. If anyoone did go for it, did they took money for preorder on placing order? I bought from thm before and all was great, but I never put preorders with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Guys, anyone went for this deal?

https://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefield-4-Premium-Edition-EA-Origin-Keys.html

79.99eu for bf4+premium. If anyoone did go for it, did they took money for preorder on placing order? I bought from thm before and all was great, but I never put preorders with them.

Seems to work out cheaper from simplycdkeys by roughly 15 quid.

Is 8GB ram essential i wonder.
    Im still rocking 4GB DDR3 , no game has needed any more ram as of yet.

Burgo wrote: »
    Seems to work out cheaper from simplycdkeys by roughly 15 quid.

Yup. Placed order on simplygames too. Used them before and all was grand. Do they charge you now or on release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Dcully wrote: »
    Is 8GB ram essential i wonder.
    Im still rocking 4GB DDR3 , no game has needed any more ram as of yet.

game is using 2.5+, you need at least 1+ for Windows. I'd say you will be able to play, but level of comfort be better with 4+

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    game is using 2.5+, you need at least 1+ for Windows. I'd say you will be able to play, but level of comfort be better with 4+

Doubt ill bother with more ram, im running the beta since the update at all ultra apart from AA and HBAO which are off and getting 55-90 fps @ 1920X1200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

I got the standard edition on simplycdkeys with China Rising, its £33.99, but if you use the code BATTLE5OFF you get £5 off that price. so £28.99 total, about €35.

pity it doesnt work with the bundle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

guys were is the best place i can buy this game on disc for pc online.My internet speed is shocking slow and i dont fancy downloading 30 gigs .

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

kevin2800 wrote: »
    guys were is the best place i can buy this game on disc for pc online.My internet speed is shocking slow and i dont fancy downloading 30 gigs .

http://goo.gl/NMkxDe
    There ya go:)
    I'm in the same boat horrible internet.....fiber I need you now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

http://goo.gl/NMkxDe
    There ya go:)
    I'm in the same boat horrible internet.....fiber I need you now :mad:

its not as clearcut as that..sure I have 200meg broadband but it's €70 on origin but only €40 on Amazon.
    SO I could download it in 10 mins and be gaming or I could wait a day or so and save €30....decisions decisions..;)

Blazer wrote: »
    its not as clearcut as that..sure I have 200meg broadband but it's €70 on origin but only €40 on Amazon.
    SO I could download it in 10 mins and be gaming or I could wait a day or so and save €30....decisions decisions..;)

Whats €70 on origin ?

You can buy the game AND premium for € 70 on simplycdkeys and you won't have to wait , you can play it on the day AND save money .... wheres the decisions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Blazer wrote: »
    I pre-ordered ages ago and its the PC-DVD version not the download :)
    I know this because I checked after seeing your post...frightened the bajayus outta me you did:eek:, thinking I pre ordered the download version...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Are those keys from simplycdkeys legal ?
    What if the game have some region lock?
    Quite often cheap keys are coming from Asian market, where games are a lot cheaper.
    Just wondering, as I am looking to buy this game too.

I have bought a few games from them and never had a problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

I know someone asked this earlier but I didn't spot a response (sorry if I'm just blind).

If you pre-order through simplycdkeys will they charge the credit card now or upon release. Playing juggle the bills until payday. Cheers.

you pay the day they send you the code

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

...which is 24 hours before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Anyone know when this is gonna be ready to download for the release? I assume it will be a day or two but need to know to get the day right to bring the pc into work and download it ISP style

Lads bare in mind I bought with simple keys and I don't see a pre download on origin with that!

Advertisement