Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Buy BF4 - For PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

battser wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is gonna be ready to download for the release? I assume it will be a day or two but need to know to get the day right to bring the pc into work and download it ISP style

Lads bare in mind I bought with simple keys and I don't see a pre download on origin with that!

Simplycdkeys will send the keys 24hrs before release. We just input the keys into Origin and start downloading.

Does anyone know if we will get the gold battle-packs with simplycdkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

moonboy52 wrote: »

Does anyone know if we will get the gold battle-packs with simplycdkeys?

If they are tied to premium then I don't see why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

For anyone who happened to buy from Simple CD Keys...it looks like you won't get your Origin keys until Thursday or Friday at the earliest...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For anyone who happened to buy from Simple CD Keys...it looks like you won't get your Origin keys until Thursday or Friday at the earliest...

Source?
    The game is released @midnight Thursday ,simply cd keys stated on their site 24 hours before release last i checked.
    Having said that i lost my wallet last weekend and had to cancel CC so when i contacted their support and asked how i can change my CC details they took 3 days to reply,didnt inspire confidence at all.
    Also they couldnt offer me a means of changing cc details so i had to cancel and reorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Dcully wrote: »
    Source?
    The game is released @midnight Thursday ,simply cd keys stated on their site 24 hours before release last i checked.
    Their website.

qDG1LTN.png
    http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/battlefield-4-battlefield-4-premium-service-dlc-bundle

According to them, the game isn't being released until Nov. 1st, except it's actually being released Tuesday (Oct. 29th) [see Battlelog - "Prepare 4 Battle"].

EDIT: Origin says the game is released on Nov. 1st...what's this Prepare 4 Battle crap about then?

EDIT EDIT: The game is available in the US on the 29th (Tuesday), in Australia/Japan on the 31st (Thursday) and on the 1st (Friday) in Europe. EA are a shower of c**ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Their website.

qDG1LTN.png
    http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/battlefield-4-battlefield-4-premium-service-dlc-bundle

According to them, the game isn't being released until Nov. 1st, except it's actually being released Tuesday (Oct. 29th) [see Battlelog - "Prepare 4 Battle"].

EDIT: Origin says the game is released on Nov. 1st...what's this Prepare 4 Battle crap about then?

EDIT EDIT: The game is available in the US on the 29th (Tuesday), in Australia/Japan on the 31st (Thursday) and on the 1st (Friday) in Europe. EA are a shower of c**ts.

Try to order via green man gaming.
    I got the key straight away

WHat version did you buy on green man? i dont see the DLC and premium bundle that simply cd keys have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

WHat version did you buy on green man? i dont see the DLC and premium bundle that simply cd keys have.

Yeah they only seem to sell the standard edition and premium edition separately.

I read somewhere that you get china add on when you preorder.

I bought standard, as i am buying premium anyway.

Is BF4+BF Premium the same as the simply cd keys Bundle?
    Both together on GMG is €83 where as the bundle of SCDK is €70
    If im guaranteed to get my keys and be able to preload on the reported preload date ie tomorrow 28th my birthday :P i might go with GMG.

• Advertisement

I bought mine from gmg via us proxy. When you add code TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1, you will get 20% discount. So the price I payed was 32E.

Im sure the US client and EU are the same? as in no issues with origin?
    Are you gonna play on US release date via US proxy?

Im sure the US client and EU are the same? as in no issues with origin?
    Are you gonna play on US release date via US proxy?

Game has no region lock. I was hoping to play on Tuesday, but I bought the game via proxy on my laptop, and added the game on my main pc. So now it looks like i will have to wait till Friday.
    277832.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

nobody wants to hear it but really if you manage to get the game to unlock pre-november 1st all you'll be able to play is the single player :D

Cause you use a free proxy to unlock but it'll boot you offline every time you change map/server if you turn the proxy off.

Well that was what it was like with BF3...I unlocked it via a korean proxy a day before eu launch and ended up spending most of that day playing the single player.

sadly it looks like they've pushed the asia release later then the US this time.

Its not so much EA's fault but the brick and morter shops (Game, Gamestop) that insist on having their big releases on fridays in the EU while in the US it's tuesday.

They delayed BF3 in the us for us last time, odd they didnt do it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got the game+china rising for 36.70 on G2Play, so happy enough with that. Not sure I'll play it enough to justify Premium, didn't actually play BF3 all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I dont mind when I get to play it as long as its available the 1st week of release at least! Dont want to be chasing CDKEYS for money and go and buy it off origin aswell.

Can see server meltdown anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really cant wait for it now. It is quite surprising as I was a bit meh...

I am just worried that simplygames might pull some sort of crap on launch day. I have a feeling we wount get keys 24h before launch.

I think I will be deleting BF3 from SSD on monday to open some space for BF4. Any Idea how big will it be initially?

I am just worried that simplygames might pull some sort of crap on launch day. I have a feeling we wount get keys 24h before launch.

I have the exact same feeling promise the earth moon and starts before launch with all the bells and whistles and BAM!!!!

No joy release day. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

If we unlock the game on Tuesday (Hoping to get my key from simply soon) will we be able to play multiplayer or just singleplayer?

@Shadowearth it's 28gigs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

single

ktulu123 wrote: »
    If we unlock the game on Tuesday (Hoping to get my key from simply soon) will we be able to play multiplayer or just singleplayer?

@Shadowearth it's 28gigs

you'll need to use a proxy to unlock the game, You could play multiplayer using the proxy, but it'll be laggy as hell and most people just use a free poxy which will kick you off after a bit anyway. Turning off the proxy after unlocking will be a pain because of the battlelog design with needing to quit out to change server, you'll get booted off everytime you change server and I think it'll boot you when the server changes map anyway.

Singleplayer you just got to disconnect from the internet after you activate the game as like BF3 it should allow you to launch straight from origin when you have no internet connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it wont work with the proxy at all, you need fully fledged vpn connection. proxy is good for http access and nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

cjskeys state that the keys a region free does this mean then that will will get our keys tomorrow?

sadly no we will get it on the 29th https://cjscdkeys.zendesk.com/entries/27955798-Battlefield-4-Release-Date-When-will-Battlefield-4-Keys-Arrive-

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    it wont work with the proxy at all, you need fully fledged vpn connection. proxy is good for http access and nothing more

yeah sorry, got them mixed up. It is a vpn.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the exact same feeling promise the earth moon and starts before launch with all the bells and whistles and BAM!!!!

No joy release day. :mad:

That's why I bought the key from GMG. Somehow cjdkeys don't seem trustworthy.

twinsen wrote: »

Oh they are trusty website and a big website for UK. They sell physical copies and consoles too. The issue I can see is that EA will shaft CD key retailers on launch. EA know they will lose sales to those websites as they are massively cheaper. So why not be "accidentally" late to deliver keys to them? I bet good few people will cancel orders due to it and buy off origin asap.

twinsen wrote: »

Based on what....alot of peeps have used them in the past and no probs. They are in business a while and all of a sudden pull a fast one on BF4. Id wait and do it on GTA5 and get way more money :D

Lets see what happens....fingers crossed its all good in the hood.

No point calling for a MEDIC just yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

From what ive read here you can ether get Battlefield 4 for €35 or you can get it with Premium for €70. Would you guys recommend premium? I never got it for BF3. I usually wouldn't be the type of person that buys map packs.

• Advertisement

Ronan14 wrote: »
    From what ive read here you can ether get Battlefield 4 for €35 or you can get it with Premium for €70. Would you guys recommend premium? I never got it for BF3. I usually wouldn't be the type of person that buys map packs.

If you have not been a fan of BF3, then I doubt you will be fan of this too. Its more of the same.
    I would suggest just buying a stand alone game and see if you like it. Premium wont be much of value at the start anyway. God knows when expansions will pop up.

Advertisement