Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Buy BF4 - For PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just got my keys too from SimplyCDkeys. Preloading now. WOOT WOOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Im confused as to how the vpn thing works, Ive been trying to do it for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Just got my keys too from SimplyCDkeys. Preloading now. WOOT WOOT!

Yis are all a bunch of c**ts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Im confused as to how the vpn thing works, Ive been trying to do it for a while now.

What part are you getting confused at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are we supposed to disable the vpn once in game or something
    people in the chat fedd are saying to disable?
    but wont i loose the connection then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dunworth1 wrote: »
    are we supposed to disable the vpn once in game or something
    people in the chat fedd are saying to disable?
    but wont i loose the connection then

Disable the VPN once activated i would imagine.

As soon as you activate the game, you no longer have to use the VPN for anything. You just play as normal like you do on BF3. The VPN is only to activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I truly despise posts that just quote a previous post and add the word "This".
    But in this case I have simply no choice but to do...

This

So any easy way to do it? Would Spotflux thing work for it too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

James74 wrote: »

This

I agree on both accounts plus I maybe the only sucker who bought a physical copy of the game ha ha

This

46% :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

As soon as you activate the game, you no longer have to use the VPN for anything. You just play as normal like you do on BF3. The VPN is only to activate it.

Ive followed your instructions and activated it but I have to keep using the vpn or else it wont work :/ I tried rebooting my pc and Battlefield is inactivated when I open Origin

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Ive followed your instructions and activated it but I have to keep using the vpn or else it wont work :/ I tried rebooting my pc and Battlefield is inactivated when I open Origin

I get the same following this guys instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaaRDv8wvZY but when I log out, close down the VPN and revert to my Irish IP and try to launch the game from the desktop shortcut I get the message below

Origin Release Control. Unreleased Title. Battlefield 4 will release on November 1, 2013 and cannot yet be played.

I do not understand what has happened. The only reason to use the VPN is for the Origin client to think you are in Korea which then activates the game. Once its activated, you no longer have to fool Origin and the VPN is no longer required.

Just to be clear, have the VPN on when you first join a server, once you are fully connected, disconnect the VPN program and you will now be connected from your normal IP address. You can now leave the server and join anything you want to without any further involvement with the VPN software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I agree on both accounts plus I maybe the only sucker who bought a physical copy of the game ha ha

Nope. Physical here too, but bought it because it'd take me about a week to download 24GB.

I GOT MY FOOKING KEY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Oh ffs! :mad: What date did you order?

Jaysus, I really am feeling particularly entitled, amn't I.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I do not understand what has happened. The only reason to use the VPN is for the Origin client to think you are in Korea which then activates the game. Once its activated, you no longer have to fool Origin and the VPN is no longer required.

Just to be clear, have the VPN on when you first join a server, once you are fully connected, disconnect the VPN program and you will now be connected from your normal IP address. You can now leave the server and join anything you want to without any further involvement with the VPN software.

Not fully correct mate, after i downloaded and played a map or two i rebooted PC then had to use vpn again to access the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

just after hopping in here, about to order from cdkeys but just wondering will i need to use a vpn to activate the product key or will it work straight away?

• Advertisement

Oh ffs! :mad: What date did you order?

Jaysus, I really am feeling particularly entitled, amn't I.

I ordered on Monday, October 14th at 13:11. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I ordered on Monday, October 14th at 13:11. :P

I ordered mine around the 22nd. Can't be too long now :)

So Premium key doesn't arrive until Friday, yes?

So Premium key doesn't arrive until Friday, yes?

I just got my keys there. I entered my premium key and it accepted it. (simplycdkeys)

Dcully wrote: »
    Not fully correct mate, after i downloaded and played a map or two i rebooted PC then had to use vpn again to access the game.

sORRY, YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THAT IF YOU TURN OFF YOUR PC, OBVIOUSLY YOU WONT AFTER 1ST nOV. i SHOULDVE MADE THAT CLEAR.

aagh capslock, Im too lazy to correct cos Im in game!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I just got my keys there. I entered my premium key and it accepted it. (simplycdkeys)

Yep, I actually have it too, never even saw it below the first one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Just got my BF4 & Premium keys from SimplyCDKeys. Ordered last wednesday, the 23rd. :)

I should be able to play about 4am. :(

But at least I can look forward to preying on the weak and fearful tomorrow rather than praying that I'll get a key soon. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Just got my BF4 & Premium keys from SimplyCDKeys. Ordered last wednesday, the 23rd. :)

I should be able to play about 4am. :(

But at least I can look forward to preying on the weak and fearful tomorrow rather than praying that I'll get a key soon. :D

I ordered last Friday. Keys just arrived. Stupid question : if I activate over VPN, I'm not excluding myself geographically ,right ? I mean I'm not stuck forever on Korean servers or some such ?

horgan_p wrote: »
    I ordered last Friday. Keys just arrived. Stupid question : if I activate over VPN, I'm not excluding myself geographically ,right ? I mean I'm not stuck forever on Korean servers or some such ?

The VPN is just used to bypass the check that Origin does to see if you are in the correct region to play.

Once you disconnect or turn the pc off then Origin will see you as being in the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

moonboy52 wrote: »
    The VPN is just used to bypass the check that Origin does to see if you are in the correct region to play.

Once you disconnect or turn the pc off then Origin will see you as being in the EU.

Preloading now (bless UPC 120mb/s). It may be a long night

Advertisement