Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller that came with console has developed a fault

Options
  • 19-09-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I bought a PS3 super slim in January from Amazon and the controller that came with it has developed a fault. It does not register L2 presses at all. I have a older DS3 that works fine so im certain its the controller. I have used the controller very little and its in perfect condition so im sure I didnt cause the fault.

Does anyone know the best approach to getting it replaced? I know Amazon technically would have to, but I dont want to have to send the entire console back to them.

Would i be better going straight to Sony?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hey Guys,

I bought a PS3 super slim in January from Amazon and the controller that came with it has developed a fault. It does not register L2 presses at all. I have a older DS3 that works fine so im certain its the controller. I have used the controller very little and its in perfect condition so im sure I didnt cause the fault.

Does anyone know the best approach to getting it replaced? I know Amazon technically would have to, but I dont want to have to send the entire console back to them.

Would i be better going straight to Sony?

Thanks

You could try Sony, but your purchase contract is with Amazon - they should be your first point of contact.
    Shoot Amazon off an email, you may not have to send back the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Amazon will likely be good about it but they don't generally do repairs or partial replacements, they'll likely ask for the whole lot back. I'd say Sony will be time consuming.

Without a little fraud on you're part I'd say the best thing would to be to buy a new one and wait for Sony to replace or repair the old one, it's not a insignificant amount but you can always use another controller; no wait and being able to play GTA might be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah I don't think I can send back the console, it would just be too big of a pain in the arse, even backing up saves our whatever.

Sony got back to me to say try Amazon, but give them a call if I had no luck. So I'll see what Amazon say.

I have a second controller so I'm able to play GTA luckily.
    I don't think I'll buy another controller, I'll just passively aggressively hold it against Amazon and Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just an update on this:

Amazon offered to replace the entire console and controller, I asked was there any other way as I had all my saves etc on it and they offered me 20% of the price of the console as a refund to replace the controller (which worked out at £25) which doesn't quite cover it but I was happy to take all the same.

All is well that ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just an update on this:

Amazon offered to replace the entire console and controller, I asked was there any other way as I had all my saves etc on it and they offered me 20% of the price of the console as a refund to replace the controller (which worked out at £25) which doesn't quite cover it but I was happy to take all the same.

All is well that ends well.

cant beat amazon

• Advertisement
Advertisement