Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I need to Switch Modem Off and On?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Occasionally my internet service goes down and I get a message along the lines of "cannot connect to server" or "server not available". My devices show the Wi Fi icon on, and all the lights on the modem are on and showing green - Power, DSL, Internet, Wireless. I have to switch my modem (combined modem/router) off and on to restore internet service. Can anyone explain to me if a) this is normal, or b) is it because the modem is somehow overloaded and needs to be cleared, or c) or is it because I have an older modem (BT Voyager) that cannot handle too much traffic on several devices or d) something else.

Comments

Advertisement