Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological Science 2 choices

• 19-09-2013 11:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm not sure whether I should choose CM2002 or CM2003. Does anyone who's done these modules know if they are taught solely on the notes taken during class(as I know a few are)? Or is there blackboard notes provided corressponding to each lecture?? I'm thinking of choosing CM2002 as that will put my labs off for a bit and the labs for the other are currently being which couldthat make things very messy as I'm just back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Never did either but im pretty sure 2002 was much easier from people in my year talking about it.

I think they both have lectures put up but also a lot of material is added to it in the lectures too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I did both modules two years ago but i'd say the content hasn't changed much. If i had the choice i'd take cm2002. Stuart Colllins is a great lecturer and the subject is pretty interesting too. Although if you're a maths orientated person you'd probably enjoy cm2003 so it's down to what you like. 2/3 lecturers are pretty good.

Personally i'd chose a subject based on what you are good at rather than when the labs are on or if the stuff is on blackboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

I did both modules two years ago but i'd say the content hasn't changed much. If i had the choice i'd take cm2002. Stuart Colllins is a great lecturer and the subject is pretty interesting too. Although if you're a maths orientated person you'd probably enjoy cm2003 so it's down to what you like. 2/3 lecturers are pretty good.

Personally i'd chose a subject based on what you are good at rather than when the labs are on or if the stuff is on blackboard.

Thanks Papa,

I've chosen CM2003, but have missed two workshops already. Are those part of the continuous assessment marks. I could always change back to CM2002 because those labs don't start until next year. I was told that the lecture gave a quiz and told them what questions were coming up. What is a workshop meant to be anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Make sure you go to the workshops for 2003! He basically does exam papers and goes over what was covered that week. Its a tough module and its so easy to fall behind in it so be careful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Make sure you go to the workshops for 2003! He basically does exam papers and goes over what was covered that week. Its a tough module and its so easy to fall behind in it so be careful!
    Thanks Corkgirl. Makes me more glad I chose CM2002 in the end. There's too much maths in 2003, and is therefore hard to cover indepentantly without hitting a dead-end. Justin Holmes seemed a bit condescending too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement