Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncongested.....i think not....need this sorted

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

robocode wrote: »
    Well in my case I was told yesterday by tech support "your bad speeds are due to congestion, there is nothing more we can do, you can make an official complaint if you want" and that was the end of it in her eyes, all the while I'm expected to go on paying the full fee for uncongested broadband. 
    but if the issue has been identified there may be something to be done. The response you received seems a bit fatalistic.. If you PM me your line number I will do my best to get this investigated and a response.
    Tony
    PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Well in my case I was told yesterday by tech support "your bad speeds are due to congestion, there is nothing more we can do, you can make an official complaint if you want" and that was the end of it in her eyes, all the while I'm expected to go on paying the full fee for uncongested broadband. 
    but if the issue has been identified there may be something to be done. The response you received seems a bit fatalistic.. If you PM me your line number I will do my best to get this investigated and a response.
    Tony
    PM Sent
    received and I will have this looked into now. It may be 2 to 4 days before we have an answer to this, but I will advise you as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Eircom are well aware of the issues with their exchanges across Ireland. They are advertising uncongested broadband even though it is not. Their attitude is if it work fines outside peak times then the broadband is fine. I have friends with UPC and are getting 200 MB/s uncogested!!!!!!! 

You log a call with Eircom, some engineer comes out and makes up a bull **** story that they have fixed the problem because of a faulty modem or a fault in the line and it is never fixed and then close off the ticket. This is an absolute disgrace and a joke of a company. They are probably one of the worst companies in Ireland to give support to customers and love wasting your time over the phone by resetting the modem or other pointless things.

Eircom just do not want to spend the money to update their exchanges and equipment which is an absolute disgrace. Maybe ye should stop taking on new customers until ye get yere exchanges sorted lads and stop bull****ting people about congested broadband.

ESB I believe are starting to roll out fibre for mobile phone companies and other companies to use so Eircom unless you sort out your shocking network in the next couple of months ye will have no customers left whatsoever. 

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/esb-to-allow-operators-use-electricity-grid-for-fibre-broadband-29850618.html

Do you think us customers are happy with being fobbed off?
    Why do you continue to lie to customers?

If UPC was available in rural areas yere business would be shut down. My contract with ye is up March and I cant wait to leave ye shower. The worst company I ever dealt with. 

I now have two 4G sticks with Vodafone with a 20GB cap that costs me 40 euro a month until I can get proper broadband where I live and not a 0.5 MB connection after 6PM. Getting constant download speeds of 30MB which is much better than yere ****e network!

I can actually game with 4G!!!! i'v given up with eircom support.

I wonder is there anything we can do to try escalate this beyond Eircom? I have contacted ComReg and the National Consumer Agency since yesterday so waiting to hear back from them. 

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I wonder is there anything we can do to try escalate this beyond Eircom? I have contacted ComReg and the National Consumer Agency since yesterday so waiting to hear back from them. 
    People power.  Maybe we need to kick off a thread in the Broadband section to gauge how many are suffering the same issue, i.e. slow evening/weekend speeds.  If we can get a bunch of us together to send off an official complaint to our own providers and cc Comreg, maybe something can be done about it.  It's shocking how badly consumers are being treated over this, put through the usual hoops and hitting a brick wall in the end, while still being charged full whack for a product that is completely unfit for purpose.  2014 and I can't use YouTube or Sky Go in the evenings.  Total joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

Pm sent to Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I started a query in Broadband forum to see how big this issue is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88860639#post88860639

I added to the thread finnteme, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

It's obvious there's a problem eircom, why can't it be dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

vishal wrote: »
    It's obvious there's a problem eircom, why can't it be dealt with?
    head over here if you can

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88869492#post88869492

• Advertisement

headsup for those in Trim

so check on eircom website about efibre,put my phone number in and it tells me efibre is now available for my line yeeee haaaaa
    so ring up and get told it's not active till the 26th Feb booooooooooo,so i say ok so will it be turned on then and i'l have 70mbs internet......no you will have to ring back on 26th we can then process the order and get a new modem out to you,so i say can you not just put the order in now so i have the new modem sitting here for the 26th,no im afraid not sir you will have to wait till 26th,ok then so how long from 26th till i will have the efibre activated.........10 working days........i give up

so eircoms website says available now but in reality it will be middle of March.......all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

I wouldnt be getting too excited....
    we got in efibre today....
    its a whole 10.5md down
    and about .4mb upload

eircom ur efibre is a complete joke!

my mobile phone provides quicker interent

skstretch wrote: »
    I wouldnt be getting too excited....
    we got in efibre today....
    its a whole 10.5md down
    and about .4mb upload

eircom ur efibre is a complete joke!

my mobile phone provides quicker interent
    your having a laf...............what area and what have eircom said about it?

in newbridge kildare....
    they said its because we are so far from the exchange where the efibre cables are...
    its gas coz at the minute im only getting 5mb download and the wifi router seems fairly crap compared to the last one

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3289292497

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

I wish UPC offer their internet in my area =(((( EIRCOM is worst company in EUROPE! Speeds that they offer are like average from 2005... we have 2014 now!! 0.5 upload speed is max what eircom can offer in 2014 xD I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD CRY OR LAUGH!

I am gamer, heavy media user, I upload a lot of stuff online but now its just impossible, the worst part is that I have no other option, I cancel my vodafone contract 2 years ago because they were band of thiefs. 

and to all you users, ringing them wont help, they know whats the problem but they dont want to spend money to repair this! SERIOUS COMPANY THAT CANNOT FIND PROBLEM FOR FEW MONTHS

WHAT A    J  O K  E !!

I am just wondering how many customers they lose already and how many are waiting until contract ends. 

Solved the wifi problem with an extender...but Christ the Internet is slow...
    My phone keeps saying it's an unreliable connection- not the wifi the actual internet

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

On a 50mb fibre connection....

3313332757.png

Uncongested service ?  Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

yep same with me, 25mb but in reality 2mb atm

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boomerek

Hi

If efibre is / will be available in Trim soon, does it mean that magnet and upc will offer their fibre services here as well?
    I don't expect that the speeds would be any better (I'm currently with magnet's bitstream and have the same congestion issues for over a year now)  but at least I wouldn't have to sign contract with the devil.

• Advertisement

boomerek wrote: »
    Hi

If efibre is / will be available in Trim soon, does it mean that magnet and upc will offer their fibre services here as well?
    I don't expect that the speeds would be any better (I'm currently with magnet's bitstream and have the same congestion issues for over a year now)  but at least I wouldn't have to sign contract with the devil.
    do magnet use eircom's line? if yes i'd say from looking at other threads we are still going to get congestion issues at peak times,upc dont seem to have any interest in bringing there 100mbs to trim.

Advertisement