Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncongested.....i think not....need this sorted

Options
  • 19-09-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

ive recently moved house,i moved my eircom with me and was told my line is good for speeds up to 18mbs,i lucky to get 10mbs in the am,now my gripe is this is supposed to be uncongested but after 3/4pm my speeds drop dramatically to 1.5 to tops 4mbs this is every evening,it is making online game play almost impossible,i logged a fault explaining this and lo and behold an engineer called early in the am,he tested the line getting 10mbs i told him to call back at 4/5pm and he would see the problem but seemingly they finish at 4pm.so i have rang and complained about this speed issue again,ive been told that engineers will look into this but when i go onto the eircom website it just says my fault is fixed,it is not.
     im adding in screenshots of speeds using your own speed test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jambofc wrote: »
    ive recently moved house,i moved my eircom with me and was told my line is good for speeds up to 18mbs,i lucky to get 10mbs in the am,now my gripe is this is supposed to be uncongested but after 3/4pm my speeds drop dramatically to 1.5 to tops 4mbs this is every evening,it is making online game play almost impossible,i logged a fault explaining this and lo and behold an engineer called early in the am,he tested the line getting 10mbs i told him to call back at 4/5pm and he would see the problem but seemingly they finish at 4pm.so i have rang and complained about this speed issue again,ive been told that engineers will look into this but when i go onto the eircom website it just says my fault is fixed,it is not.
    Hi jambofc

If you would like to PM me your details I'll see what I can do.

Please note that I'm unable to offer the same level of technical support the eircom broadband support centre can offer and I may indeed need to refer you to technical support if I cannot find a resolution to the issue myself.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Hi jambofc

Please note that I'm unable to offer the same level of technical support the eircom broadband support centre can offer and I may indeed need to refer you to technical support if I cannot find a resolution to the issue myself.

Thanks

Al
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi jambofc

Thanks

Al
    PM sent
    Replied

Al

this is issue is still ongoing,im being told the line is fine but yet it is still the same from 3-4pm every day online gaming and watching on demand tv not possible my speeds are so bad,ive been told "unofficially" there is a structural problem and it has been sent to the design team but when i enquired about this again last week i was told this is incorrect,what is going on????????

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

notice the high ping times when the speed is slow, this would indicate an issue at your end - try changing your wireless channels, or else something is downloading in the background

• Advertisement

notice the high ping times when the speed is slow, this would indicate an issue at your end - try changing your wireless channels, or else something is downloading in the background
    ive had engineer in tested line and box from my end,all good according to him,when i do the tests i have everything disconnected from router and wired directly from router to laptop.

ps.ive also tried all the different channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

ive had engineer in tested line and box from my end,all good according to him,when i do the tests i have everything disconnected from router and wired directly from router to laptop.

Hi jambofc,

I'm afraid there is no more we can do from my channel here, we have conducted all tests necessary and sent onto all appropriate channels.

The technical support team 1890 260 260 (option 0) are the only channel that can resolve issues with broadband service.

Sorry we can't help you any further.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi jambofc,

I'm afraid there is no more we can do from my channel here, we have conducted all tests necessary and sent onto all appropriate channels.

The technical support team 1890 260 260 (option 0) are the only channel that can resolve issues with broadband service.

Thanks

Tracey
    can you at least find out if and what a structural fault is for me and if there is/isnt a fault in my area,technical support.......lol in fairness.

Hi jambofc,

Thanks

Tracey
    can you at least find out if and what a structural fault is for me and if there is/isnt a fault in my area,technical support.......lol in fairness.

Can you please PM me your details and I'll check this out for you?

Al is on leave so I don't have access to your details.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

JamboFc/Tracey

this issue is in Ratoath as well. I'm getting less then 1.5Mb/s and cannot watch anything with on demand tv. Tested this morning and getting 10.5Mb/s. Eircom engineer arrived and advised issue is with hub in City west and they are aware of traffic congestion issue in the area, we are only getting a quarter of the speed/traffic we should be getting. He advised the issue has been passed on to them (i presume this is the city west hub crowd) and if the problem continues to ring and ask for them to resolve.
    Tracey please help, i'm at my wits end as this has happened before and was only resolved when i threatened to cancel eircom.

eddie

• Advertisement

Hi jambofc,

Thanks

Tracey

Can you please PM me your details and I'll check this out for you?

Al is on leave so I don't have access to your details.

Thanks

Tracey
    pm sent

Eddieken wrote: »
    JamboFc/Tracey

this issue is in Ratoath as well. I'm getting less then 1.5Mb/s and cannot watch anything with on demand tv. Tested this morning and getting 10.5Mb/s. Eircom engineer arrived and advised issue is with hub in City west and they are aware of traffic congestion issue in the area, we are only getting a quarter of the speed/traffic we should be getting. He advised the issue has been passed on to them (i presume this is the city west hub crowd) and if the problem continues to ring and ask for them to resolve.
    Tracey please help, i'm at my wits end as this has happened before and was only resolved when i threatened to cancel eircom.

eddie

this is exactly the same as me,one engineer did say something about the city west hub to me also and said he would "escalate" the issue but as usual nothing sorted.

Eddieken wrote: »
    JamboFc/Tracey

eddie

this is exactly the same as me,one engineer did say something about the city west hub to me also and said he would "escalate" the issue but as usual nothing sorted.
    My neighbour moved to sky and reported speeds of over 8Mb/s all day. I'll be moving soon if this issue persists.  

Sorry i stand corrected my neighbour is getting 13mb/s with sky bb while my speed took a nose dive at 7pm to 2mb/s from 10mb/s all day and then by 8pm down to 1.03mb/s. Chatted to broadband support who told me that a technician would resolve the issue in 2 to 3 days, when i asked if this was from Monday night when i originally reported the problem the response was "we can't actually give you a time frame to resolve this issue, sorry".

Rupert, I'm coming back baby.

still the same last night,by the way im still waiting on my line to get put back up to 19mbs still only getting 10mbs in the morning time even though your rep told me line is capable of 19mbs.

still the same last night,by the way im still waiting on my line to get put back up to 19mbs still only getting 10mbs in the morning time even though your rep told me line is capable of 19mbs.

Hi jambofc,

I am still looking into this and will come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey

still terrible speed issues in the evening and still only getting 10mbs in the morning.

still terrible speed issues in the evening and still only getting 10mbs in the morning.

Hi,

I have sent you PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi,

I have sent you PM there.

Thanks

Tracey
    pm'd back

this is a joke.

• Advertisement

same again,online gaming almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

same again,online gaming almost impossible.
    Hi, where are you located? Im in Dunshaughlin and having similar issues, getting so frustrated..

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057069236

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Join the club mate, see my issue here

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057069236

im based in Trim,have been told so many story's about city west hub fault,structural fault,fault in area but it is clearly congestion.

I had an "expert" from Eircom broadband support tell me that my "modem" was faulty last night because when you reset it a red light comes on the power indicator, which it has always done. When I asked why i can get 10mb/s all day but speeds fall to less then 1mb/s from 7pm, he blamed the "modem" again. I then told him that an eircom engineer had tested the "modem" last week and found no problems, still he insisted my "modem" was faulty.
    Top quality Service Eircom. 

I will definitely be moving to Sky, while i might have to wait a little longer for fibre from them at least the speed will be usable and from looking at the forums for the fibre roll out, eircom are having more issues with this. Sky will wait until the speeds are guaranteed before rolling out their fibre offers.  

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

The engineer that visited me on sunday even changed the modem, so that is now eliminated aswell.. so, just to summarise

1) No line fault found, line is capable for 15 mb/s as per engineer
    2) Modem changed
    3) Socket changed to the new eFibre model. All cables changed. Other equipment disconnected.
    4) Speed is ok on the morning and early evenings
    5) Speed is going down around 7pm and returning to normal at the early morning
    6) All speedtests done via direct ethernet connection with Mac, Windows, Android and Windows Mobile. All giving the same results

= Congestion issue

this is just beyond the joke 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Exactly the same issue in Ashbourne, have had an engineer out who said line was fine, replaced modem etc. I can get 15mb during the day mon to fri but come the evenings and the weekends and I can drop down to as low as 2mb on an up to 24mb connection.  I was with Vodafone prior to this and always had a constant 6mb no matter what time of the day or night I was on. 

Next generation .......  just have to laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Had this same issue before, took them over a year to fix it

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    Had this same issue before, took them over a year to fix it
    what was it in the end?

Advertisement