Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncongested.....i think not....need this sorted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wasn't enough backhaul/capacity in the exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I think im giving up to get my similar problem sorted. No'one in tech. support wanted to admit that this is an congestion issue etc, at somepoint my speed went to better when i resetted my modem, but it was back at 2 mb/s shortly after.

Currently im waiting for a response for an email i sent to them over a week ago etc.
    EDIT: forgot to mention, that i have propably spent 40 eur in last 2 months calling tech.support from my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

fault has been logged again and i will continue to do so until resolved.

still the same 1.5mbs tonight online game play a joke.

case ID 6613401 logged but no response.

ehhhhhh

• Advertisement

sunday morning 10mbs will test again this eve when my non-congested broadband will be congested,by the way still way short of the 19mbs im supposed to be getting but at this stage would settle for 10mbs all day and night.

no contact since last fault report,it's like this all weekend,becoming so disheartened paying for a service im not getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jambofc wrote: »
    no contact since last fault report,it's like this all weekend,becoming so disheartened paying for a service im not getting.

Hi jambofc

I'm sorry to see these poor results however if you wish to request assistance or support you will need to contact the technical support team (1890260260). I see that Tracey has previously advised that we have found no issues with your line and the best course of action to take is with technical support.

Thanks

Al

Hi jambofc

I'm sorry to see these poor results however if you wish to request assistance or support you will need to contact the technical support team (1890260260). I see that Tracey has previously advised that we have found no issues with your line and the best course of action to take is with technical support.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,it is most definitely an exchange problem with the exchange not able to cope with the demand from early evening,trouble is no one in eircom will admit to this but all my neighbors and friends i no in the area suffer the same problem.Very fed up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

I changed to sky last week and waited a few days with same problem as when with Eircom . Rang sky tonight and after some tests on line they called me back and confirmed there was a congestion issue, and they would resolve the issue In two days and they would call back to confirm all was ok. 
    So different to the eircom line of I can't find anything wrong, what's congestion? 

I'll report back in a day or two.

• Advertisement

case escalated.................AGAIN

3129917387.png

3129917387.png

:( in getting nowhere either, complaints team just emailed me and told that i need to call tech.support AGAIN, and some jargon that made me suspect that the person who answered haven't even looked at my account and all the details and troubleshooting and engineers visits made so far... IM getting so mad at the moment that in seeing red...

20.24 issue still ongoing

3140041172.png

3140041172.png
    same here.. reps dont answer to my thread anymore, customer service team is not responding to my emails, manager has not called to me, i requested that etc.. i thinkg im giving up and be happy that i have somekind of connection that works somehow..this really tells everything ab. Eircoms customer service attitude when there is more complex problem to solve..

finnteme wrote: »

3140041172.png
    same here.. reps dont answer to my thread anymore, customer service team is not responding to my emails, manager has not called to me, i requested that etc.. i thinkg im giving up and be happy that i have somekind of connection that works somehow..this really tells everything ab. Eircoms customer service attitude when there is more complex problem to solve..
    i got a call from eircom today,saying they found the fault and my internet is sorted.......lmao
    i said really hold on till i do a speed test,i got 2.3mbs
    said they are going to get my line monitored from city west(again)

i just called to the tech.support again, after Eircom has failed to contact me, even if i have requested that several times.

This time they told me that this is an congestion issue and send it away to the nw team as such.. not holding my breath though...

still heard nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Jambo i feel your pain mate. I'm living down here just outside waterford and we've the same issue, i get 7.5mb per day but as soon as 6pm comes and everyone jumps on then the speeds plummet to less than 2mb. Have been told by 2 separate engineers that the problem lies at the exchange and eircom don't want to fix it but rather wait till the roll out of fibre in feb 14.

I was fortunate enough to get the xbox one on launch night and haven't enjoyed a single nights gaming in peace. Constant lag,disconnections and a ping so high your dead as soon as you respawn. Battlefield 4 is out of the question.

It's gotten to the point where myself and the missus get to submit our arguments to each other as to "who should use the broadband" tonight ?Cause we both can't.

That ad thats currently running portrays a false reality with eircom,the one with everyone in the family on their various internet devices. Thats certainly not the case. Wonder do they still offer dial up. It's probably more dependable.

Sky were unable to help me so far, they are blaming eircom for the congestion. They have suggested if i am unhappy i can leave after 1 month with them without any charges. What's killing me is a neighbor that has Sky across the road from me, that is connected through the same patches and cables as me is getting 10mb/s all day (checked it last night while i was getting less then 1mb/s). 

I notice that the eircom mods/reps are not responding to this thread any more.

• Advertisement

Eddieken wrote: »
    Sky were unable to help me so far, they are blaming eircom for the congestion. They have suggested if i am unhappy i can leave after 1 month with them without any charges. What's killing me is a neighbor that has Sky across the road from me, that is connected through the same patches and cables as me is getting 10mb/s all day (checked it last night while i was getting less then 1mb/s). 

I notice that the eircom mods/reps are not responding to this thread any more.
    i moved across the road,i mean across the road if you open my front door you can see my old front door 30 feet away,i was getting 12-16mbs and now my top speed is 9=10 mbs in the morning and in evening well you can see the speed tests.

i had a phone call from them yesterday to say they are going to give me a link to download some software that will monitor my speeds,the ONLY engineer that can do this is on holiday(holidays a couple of weeks before xmas,i dont think so)and wont be back till the 16th and then it will be a week or 2 before set up and tested,i said so what you are basically doing is delaying me until e-fibre rolls out in January,i wont be paying my bill till this is sorted,shocking stuff altogether.

9 mb/s tonight :)  I'll keep checking and update tomorrow. 

same s###e tonight

3146735215.png

The level of denial of problems by Eircom reps here aswell is unbeliavable.. as you have noticed they havent commented or tried to help for a long time in this and my thread. (for me its no longer needed, since they loosed a customer, and hopefully this thread is working as warning signal for potential new customers aswell)

finnteme wrote: »
    The level of denial of problems by Eircom reps here aswell is unbeliavable.. as you have noticed they havent commented or tried to help for a long time in this and my thread. (for me its no longer needed, since they loosed a customer, and hopefully this thread is working as warning signal for potential new customers aswell)
    this is why i keep this thread updated,i want a public record of my uncongested broadband.

Jumped the gun maybe, speed fluctuated all night from 9mb/s down to 0.5mb/s . Settled at 2.5mb/s for most of the night, still i was able to stream HD movie for the first time.

Jumped the gun maybe, speed fluctuated all night from 9mb/s down to 0.5mb/s . Settled at 2.5mb/s for most of the night, still i was able to stream HD movie for the first time.
    That happened to me aswell, when they were trying to fix the issue. documented the fluctuation in my thread ab. this issue. After couple of days it went back to same.

sigh

3152771000.png

still ongoing

3157355996.png

• Advertisement

Ditto, this sucks.

Advertisement