Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncongested.....i think not....need this sorted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

absolutely sick of this c##p supposed to be contacted today 16th by the "seemingly" only eircom engineer in Ireland that can help,waiting on the call all day did it come.....lol not a chance,really getting to the end of my tether with all this.

3169095894.png

pathetic

3169389951.png

eircom text me today to tell me my broadband is fixed AGAIN.......eh no it's not,c'mon eircom get this sorted going on to long.........

3171645699.png

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I might as well join this merry band
    Broadband dropped from 12mb to 2-4 in the space of a week. Paying for the advanced unlimited what a joke
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/3171775843.png

Only got eFibre a couple of days ago (In Drogheda).

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3173736227

(Download 0.37, Upload 0.25)

Not at all impressed.

• Advertisement

Not at all impressed.
    no way,thats efibre??????
    sweet jebus is that what i have to look forward to?

edit to stick a speedtest in

3173870805.png

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I have now Sky Broadband connected, will post some tests when i have time.

Used O2/Tescomobile broadband for couple of days, when the delivery of new SkyHub was delayed, and the speeds were better with that than Eircoms broadband :D:D

Got around 12-15mb/s with 40-50ms pings with mobile. (compared the Eircom NGB with 2-3mb/s and 100ms pings..)

Should receive my SkyHub on monday or tuesday.. still using my mobile broadband and i am able to stream and surf without any problems after 7pm.. Strange situation when mobile bb is much better than so called NGB  uncongested broadband.. :D:D

how sad is it that im delighted with these speeds

[font=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]3178120023.png[/font]

online gaming impossible ffs 

3180006624.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Not at all impressed.
    Hi KKV
    if you would like us to test your line for best connection speed, could you PM me your line number?
    I can advise of top speeds available there.
    Tony

Hi all, i have now received the Sky Hub and tested it for couple of hours.
    At 8pm, im getting around 4-5mb/s in and 0.5 mbs/up and ping 40-50ms. (with eircom 1.5-2mb/s 100ms ping)

So this is much better than what i had w Eircom.
    And when i called to Sky tech. support today, they told me that the speeds should get better within 24hrs since the line is stabilizing the first day after connecting the modem.(modem is syncing att 11mb/s)

For the first time, i can stream Youtube in HD, watch Sky On Demand etc without any problems.

I will keep you updated, but i just hate Eircom more and more that they couldnt solve this (if this keeps working better w Sky than Eircom) They put me through so much distress that i cant even think about that without my head exploding.

And to be fair for Eircom, i will post the screenshots after the line has been working couple of more days.

Very happy so far, when i was with Eircom,i got around 4mb/s in at 6pm, now this:

3185548050.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Admire the dedication of this tread :D

Admire the dedication of this tread :D
    im being charged for a service im not getting i wont stop till it's sorted.

can a rep please tell me what is going on with my account,i have heard nothing since being promised an engineer would be in touch on the 16th dec,i recieved a text to say it has been resolved it hasnt and text back saying such,this is just shocking treatment of a paying customer.

3191101001.png

joke of a company

3197548804.png

3203606176.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

jambofc wrote: »
    3203606176.png
    Is this with eFibre?!?

3203606176.png
    Is this with eFibre?!?
    no not efibre,my line is supposed to be capable of 18mbs non congested,every day from 4/5pm onwards it goes like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

3203606176.png
    Is this with eFibre?!?
    no not efibre,my line is supposed to be capable of 18mbs non congested,every day from 4/5pm onwards it goes like that.
    Shockin' - im getting that on a meter 3g wireless modem

TBH, I'd be very happy with 7-8 mb download speeds - but in 2014 to be getting just over 1 is a joke. Eircom won't release my line to any other providers even though I've bought the house and have to contract with them....they have me over a barrel. I've had numerous providers put in release requests since november and they've done nothing with them...at some point Im just going to have to go with them cos I need internet to WFH but its killing me to do it.

a week tomorrow since my line has been "monitored" no contact yet,getting very annoyed at this stage.

3217170772.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi jambofc

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM you telephone number and Ill chase this up for you.

Thanks
    Ash

Hi jambofc

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM you telephone number and Ill chase this up for you.

Thanks
    Ash
    pm'd you.

meh

3220065182.png

bangs head repeatedly off wall 

3222682462.png

3227132243.png

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Im the same paying for 24mb getting 2 at the most in clondalkin dublin not far from the exchange ill give it a month then im gone

Hi KKV
    if you would like us to test your line for best connection speed, could you PM me your line number?
    I can advise of top speeds available there.
    Tony

I realise I'm a bit late about geting back to you there, Tony.

Maybe it was down to a transitional period or something, but everything seems to have just sorted itself out and the speeds I'm getting now are grand.

Probably should have posted back with that rather than moaning bad news and never correcting myself. My apologies. :o

3232208026.png

• Advertisement

Aisling any update on this?????????????

Advertisement