Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncongested.....i think not....need this sorted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

This is painful, speeds confirmed on laptop with eircom speed tester on ethernet connection. Congestion sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

3234535141.png

issue still ongoing have had no contact from eircom in a fortnight,sick of it at this stage.

3263305431.png

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

On a 50m efibre. Grand all day until 8pm to 12am every evening.....

3263441872.png

3263441872.png
    thats unbelievable,so you have congestion issues with efibre brilliant thats what ive not been waiting to hear,it seems obvious that the exchanges need to be upgraded all over the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

jambofc wrote: »

3263441872.png
    thats unbelievable,so you have congestion issues with efibre brilliant thats what ive not been waiting to hear,it seems obvious that the exchanges need to be upgraded all over the country.
    Yeah, for the last 3 weeks or so, in the evenings between 8pm and 12am is the worst. Ridiculously slow speeds on a 50mb efibre connection.
    Since i got it installed last summer, iv been getting speed test results of no less then 40mb down, and pings generally around "30" to "50" (when testing in the EU). To Newyork ping would jump to 150/200, which is understandable. But now im getting 160 ping results to the UK, in the evenings, and speeds jumping all over the place. Iv got a PS4 and a copy of BF4 sitting there for weeks, unplayable in the evenings with such erratic pings and speeds.

Whats worse is how eircom released a statement last week saying the issue that is causing the problems for everyone has been fixed, when it clearly hasnt.

Heres blatant proof of the issue. Right now its 7:41pm. Here are results from Dundalk again. everythings ok right now.
    3265772659.png

After 8pm i will update this post with another test to Dundalk which is only 100miles from me.

Edit,
    Im surprised, but speed tests from all irish servers and the few i tried in the uk are coming back fine now, as of 9:38pm. all over 40mb with under 50 ping.
    Its been weeks since iv gotten these speeds after 8pm.
    Is anyone else noticing any improvement ?

3263441872.png

Is anyone else noticing any improvement ?
    no,i was getting 0.8mbs last night online gaming impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Feel your pain Jambo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mightycraic

Same issues here since 3rd/4th quarter 2013. Last night, just before 11pm, was getting 550kbps download speeds on our 'NGB' connection (should be 12Mbps given our copper connection/exchange distance). Countless calls to broadband support and still unresolved.

Is this a nationwide issue (our next hop is Mullingar)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Seems nationwide to me but can't be sure. My next hop is Dublin. Based in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

still ongoing with absolutely no contact from eircom

3282729585.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Same crap from Trim exchange on Vodafone.  Same excuses also.

3283056014.png

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

around 10pm yesterday 1.46 mb/s in Dunshaughlin exchange w Sky (was the same when i was with Eircom)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This is my normal daytime speed - so after 6pm I'm getting 10% of my normal speed, on a supposed "uncongested" line:

3283785950.png

A few years ago, when Eircom rolled out NGB, I was getting a far better service with a solid 8Mb day and night.  Whatever they have done recently, they've made a right mess of things, and it seems to be affecting a huge number of people.  VF want to send me out an "engineer" to check my line, at a cost of €120 for half an hour, even though I've explained to them my daytime figures are as above - hence no problem with the line.

I have had an Eircom engineer here 3 times within 4 months, and they admit its congestion issue, and nothing they can do for it, since the higher bosses etc wont admit or address it to the public :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

finnteme wrote: »
    I have had an Eircom engineer here 3 times within 4 months, and they admit its congestion issue, and nothing they can do for it, since the higher bosses etc wont admit or address it to the public :(
    i had the same,technician out with me said it was a congested line he cant do anything about it.
    i called eircom and they insisted me line was uncongested even though i told them about the technician showing me  it was congested.
    also wanted me to pay 400euro to cancel my contract even though they are the ones in breach.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    i had the same,technician out with me said it was a congested line he cant do anything about it.
    i called eircom and they insisted me line was uncongested even though i told them about the technician showing me  it was congested.
    also wanted me to pay 400euro to cancel my contract even though they are the ones in breach.
    Dont give up with the contract release, i was released from the contract early because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Dont give up with the contract release, i was released from the contract early because of this.
    dont worry i wont but the way the customer complaints department handled my call was shocking,almost as bad as the cancellation department.
    basically they said once i receive 10mb anytime during the day they are fulfilling the contract even though between 7 and 11pm the speed is as low as 1mb.

it's becoming so clear that eircom just kept taking on new customers without upgrading the exchange's,the silence from eircom reps is deafening.

on another note the efibre is supposed to be out this month(Trim) but yet nobody in eircom can tell me when.........

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Will an eircom rep respond to this? It's a disgrace. I lodged a formal complaint with comreg yesterday and will be advising everyone I know to do the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

robocode wrote: »
    Will an eircom rep respond to this? It's a disgrace. I lodged a formal complaint with comreg yesterday and will be advising everyone I know to do the same
    Hi guys

We do appreciate that a response is needed on this issue. It is with this intention that we have posted to individual issues and on this wider issue. This issue is currently under investigation and we have passed all the information gathered from this thread and our own eircom forum. Unfortunately we do not have any further info on any wider issue at this time. 
    I have to say that speculation on a wider issue involving routing to international servers does not appear to be the case. Many of the cases we have examined have shown no specific issue.

One avenue may be the removal of high usage users from possibly congested ASAMs to an uncongested ASAM. But first we have to establish that congestion actually exists within an exchange or ASAM. There are also other technical options but the issue has to be firmly established as a technical fault. 

The reps here and mods on our own forum have taken all available details of those who have reported issues with us and have sent this to our IT support team. These are being investigated on individual line, connection and exchange level.

We will advise of results of this.

We have posted to all threads on this issue but not to all threads. It does make things simpler for us to collate info and posts on this issue if they could all be posted to this thread for example.

We obviously agree that that customers have the right to voice their opinion and to get answers to their queries, this is why we are on this forum, on Twitter on Boards,ie and on Facebook and we are as an online care team, dedicated to getting this information as soon as we can.

Tony

It also looks like less of a mess if we clog up one thread with our complaints. You said "we have to establish that congestion actually exists" yet myself (and seemingly many others) have been told by your call centre tech support people as well as local technicians that our problems are due to congestion

Tony im sorry but that is basically just the same story i have heard for going on 5 months now,i do understand you personally dont have a magic wand but when there are numerous complaints all around the same exchange and nothing is done apart from the usual ring tech support then im sure you like the rest of us feel like banging our heads of a wall.

a quick google shows how wide spread this issue is and there is no doubt that it is eircom's exchanges problem and not individual lines,how this has not been sorted at this stage is just mind boggling and so Irish,you(eircom) take our money for a product you(eircom) dont deliver said product but we still have to pay,as i said head banging off the nearest wall is more productive than hours on a phone call(that we get charged for by the way) only to be told there is nothing wrong with your line.
    Sorry for rant but with kids unable to play online gaming nor able to watch streaming tv it's laughable that i am being charged for this rubbish.

IMO eircom need to hold there hands up that there is a significant problem with there NCB and look after there customers and do everything possible as soon as possible or as ive been told wink wink nod nod efibre is coming so fob everyone off until that is available.

Dead right! Enough is enough. Another bill in the door yesterday for my "uncongested broadband" despite being told by Eircom that my poor service is a result of congestion. That doesn't seem legal to me and I'll be inquiring as to how I can break my contract early without paying the ridiculous penalty since it's Eircom that is surely in breach of contract. You can be damn sure I won't let this rest, and anything I find out I'll be posting here so hopefully there is a mass exodus from Eircom.

Tony im sorry but that is basically just the same story i have heard for going on 5 months now,i do understand you personally dont have a magic wand but when there are numerous complaints all around the same exchange and nothing is done apart from the usual ring tech support then im sure you like the rest of us feel like banging our heads of a wall.

a quick google shows how wide spread this issue is and there is no doubt that it is eircom's exchanges problem and not individual lines,how this has not been sorted at this stage is just mind boggling and so Irish,you(eircom) take our money for a product you(eircom) dont deliver said product but we still have to pay,as i said head banging off the nearest wall is more productive than hours on a phone call(that we get charged for by the way) only to be told there is nothing wrong with your line.
    Sorry for rant but with kids unable to play online gaming nor able to watch streaming tv it's laughable that i am being charged for this rubbish.

IMO eircom need to hold there hands up that there is a significant problem with there NCB and look after there customers and do everything possible as soon as possible or as ive been told wink wink nod nod efibre is coming so fob everyone off until that is available.
    The problems you describe here is basically congestion within exchanges. As I posted above
    "One avenue may be the removal of high usage users from possibly congested ASAMs to an uncongested ASAM. But first we have to establish that congestion actually exists within an exchange or ASAM."

In the cases where congestion might be identified within an exchange, either the exchange can be upgraded or the above option can be taken. I have sent on a number of your cases ( those where we have line numbers) to investigate if this is the issue or not. This can take time and we have quite a number to look into. I can advise that some of these cases are not related to congestion and on investigation have turned out to be affected by other factors...

As I do constantly post, and you may well be tired of this... but we will post any development as we have it.

Tony

So string us along as usual, it's a disgrace. 

It also looks like less of a mess if we clog up one thread with our complaints. You said "we have to establish that congestion actually exists" yet myself (and seemingly many others) have been told by your call centre tech support people as well as local technicians that our problems are due to congestion
    Hi robocode
    That is neither true nor the case. We have never suggested that we wanted a tidy forum before ...and if any OP wants to just make a point I can understand posting multiple posts. However in this case, where we are trying to pick up raw data from Boards.ie and present your arguments, having them within one, two or even three threads makes sense..... You know that :)
    But how you post is up to you and we will try and get to them all. If you do PM me your line number I can add this to list for investigation.

I can absolutely state that not all the cases we have had reported as congestion have actually been due to congestion.. This is not to say yours is not...

We will post what we find with the info available to us soon as we can.
    Tony

Well in my case I was told yesterday by tech support "your bad speeds are due to congestion, there is nothing more we can do, you can make an official complaint if you want" and that was the end of it in her eyes, all the while I'm expected to go on paying the full fee for uncongested broadband. 

Well in my case I was told yesterday by tech support "your bad speeds are due to congestion, there is nothing more we can do, you can make an official complaint if you want" and that was the end of it in her eyes, all the while I'm expected to go on paying the full fee for uncongested broadband. 
    but if the issue has been identified there may be something to be done. The response you received seems a bit fatalistic.. If you PM me your line number I will do my best to get this investigated and a response.
    Tony

• Advertisement

That's what I assumed but she just told me "there is nothing more we can do", I was shocked she wanted to leave it unresolved like this, asked her to escalate it and was told "I can but there will be no point, there is nothing we can do"

Advertisement