Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst bartenders on the PLANET!!!

Options
  • 19-09-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Had the once in a lifetime privilege to see what is supposed to be the 2nd last performance of THE WALL at the Aviva last night. Its almost impossible to try and explain how good it was. It's not, however, impossible to describe how unbelievably useless, how mind blowingly inept, how painfully slow, the bartenders are at this venue. Guinness actually engineered a way to pour a faster pint for the Aviva but in the hands of these muppets they may as well of spend there time making quarter strength! I missed 10 min of that gig trying to get to the top of a six person long que! YIZ ARE BLEEDIN USELESS!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I had no bother with them, they had a typical system set up of front staff taking orders/money and back staff pouring drinks, worked grand.

You really felt the need to start a thread slating them? Pretty sad but I hope you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Sheeroni wrote: »
    Had the once in a lifetime privilege to see what is supposed to be the 2nd last performance of THE WALL at the Aviva last night. Its almost impossible to try and explain how good it was. It's not, however, impossible to describe how unbelievably useless, how mind blowingly inept, how painfully slow, the bartenders are at this venue. Guinness actually engineered a way to pour a faster pint for the Aviva but in the hands of these muppets they may as well of spend there time making quarter strength! I missed 10 min of that gig trying to get to the top of a six person long que! YIZ ARE BLEEDIN USELESS!!!!!!

Boo-hoo.

It's a shame there's not a thread for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

No problems here either. In fact, when I went up I got served pretty much straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

kryogen wrote: »
    You really felt the need to start a thread slating them? Pretty sad but I hope you feel better.

Set up a boards acount to slag off the bartending staff at a gig...... jeez you must be having a bad day!

Cheer up OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sheeroni

I had no bother with them, they had a typical system set up of front staff taking orders/money and back staff pouring drinks, worked grand.

Did I not make it clear??? I MISSED 10 MIN OF THE PENULTIMATE PERFORMANCE OF THE WALL WAITING FOR BARTENDERS TO GET THEIR ASS IN GEAR!!! everyone in the que was equally baffled at how they could be so slow given that set up they use?? You think it's sad that I would be irritated enough by this to start a thread? I can't think of a more justifiable reason to start one!! 10 MINUTES OF THE WALL!!!!!! MISSED!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND????!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So ya. Thought ya. Might like to go to the show. To feel the warm alcohol infusion. That space cadet glow. Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?

Hey! Drinkers! Leave them kids alone!
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Did I not make it clear??? I MISSED 10 MIN OF THE PENULTIMATE PERFORMANCE OF THE WALL WAITING FOR BARTENDERS TO GET THEIR ASS IN GEAR!!! everyone in the que was equally baffled at how they could be so slow given that set up they use?? You think it's sad that I would be irritated enough by this to start a thread? I can't think of a more justifiable reason to start one!! 10 MINUTES OF THE WALL!!!!!! MISSED!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND????!!!!!!!!!
    If it was such a good gig, why did you leave it to get drinks?

McGaggs wrote: »
    If it was such a good gig, why did you leave it to get drinks?

What? Because it was supposed to take about 80 seconds!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

BooHoo, were you ever in a night club? Usually takes 20 minutes to get served

bezerk wrote: »
    BooHoo, were you ever in a night club? Usually takes 20 minutes to get served

Oh, ok. Thanks for that. Nightclub you say? Is that a club? At night? And 20 minutes you say? I'll pass that on if I hear of anyone looking to go out at night to some kind of club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah, its sad that you either, A created a new account to bitch about this, when there is already a thread for it or B don't have the balls to do it under your regular account.

You missed 10 minutes? 10 minutes of the Wall??!? Wow, if you care so much about it why didn't you just watch the show and drink before or after? Why would you want to leave your seat to even miss 1 minute of the PENULTIMUTE PERFORMANCE OF THE WALL!!

Get over yourself ffs.

Yeah, its sad that you either, A created a new account to bitch about this, when there is already a thread for it or B don't have the balls to do it under your regular account.

You missed 10 minutes? 10 minutes of the Wall??!? Wow, if you care so much about it why didn't you just watch the show and drink before or after? Why would you want to leave your seat to even miss 1 minute of the PENULTIMUTE PERFORMANCE OF THE WALL!!

Get over yourself ffs.

Opened an account to bitch about this? Yes! Running up the steps to get a round of drinks just as one song ends only to get stuck waiting and waiting somehow becomes an indictment of all those looking to get served is about as thin an argument possible.

Opened an account to bitch about this? Yes! Running up the steps to get a round of drinks just as one song ends only to get stuck waiting and waiting somehow becomes an indictment of all those looking to get served is about as thin an argument possible.

Grow up! and maybe go during a song next time, you might get served faster. Or another thought that if it looked busy why didn't you go back out and wait until it quietened down. You have the I.Q of a bucket or moaning about nothing. Does Mammy and Daddy hand everything to you and you started crying that you had to wait for a drink? Get Mammy and Daddy to queue next time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yeah i understand....just watch the f**in gig and forget the drink for 2hrs

Grow up! and maybe go during a song next time, you might get served faster. Or another thought that if it looked busy why didn't you go back out and wait until it quietened down. You have the I.Q of a bucket or moaning about nothing. Does Mammy and Daddy hand everything to you and you started crying that you had to wait for something?

Read the other comments first. And I think a que of 6 people at a bar built for SPEED is hardly busy? And yes your so right about the bucket, mammy and daddy etc... That was hard reading but Im going to go off and face up to it all. Thanks, thanks so much x

Read the other comments first. And I think a que of 6 people at a bar built for SPEED is hardly busy? And yes your so right about the bucket, mammy and daddy etc... That was hard reading but Im going to go off and face up to it all. Thanks, thanks so much x

your welcome, we should go for a beer. The pub I know serves beer faster than the speed of light so you should be very happy in it.

your welcome

Nice!

Nice!

Right back at ya ;);););););););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

You had a choice between beer and the concert
    you choose wrong... you made your bed, now lie in it

Would you like me to build you a time machine?
    thousands of people and you expect to waltz straight in to the top of the queue

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

This has to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever read, cry me a fúcking river.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

And we are done here.

OP if you feel so strongly I suggest writing a letter to perhaps the Irish times. Maybe use a fountain pen or a quill feather. Should convey your angry and sense of injustice.

My only suggestion is try and go see the ultimate performance of the wall. And when you pop out for a drink, let's hope you make it back in time for the song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement