Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloth Nappy

Options
  • 19-09-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you use cloth nappies.If so what brand and where do you buy?

Also do you use cloth wipes or still baby wipes(pamper etc)?

Have you saved money in the long run with cloth nappies including washing etc?

I have seen Youtube videos and all but really only US families no Irish or UK so would be intersted to see if many on here do?

kmmh58

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

There is a cloth nappy group on facebook with a cloth nappy library.

I found them great for tips and that but at the same time some are little intense, they seem to buy a lot of nappies and in this way I wouldn't think it would be as cost effective.

I plan on using them but will be given most of mine 2nd hand although I plan on using disposables for the first week or two till I get my head around them.

I'm definitely using cloth wipes, again I got a good recipe for a wet wipe solution on the nappy groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I use cloth nappies and wipes. They save a few quid especially now number two is in them. The Facebook group has good advice but a lot of constant buying. I've stuck with a good initial stash and a few cheap and secondhand ones. Got cheekywipes online, expensive initially but worth it. As you're washing nappies anyway washing wipes with them is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmmh58

lazygal wrote: »
    I use cloth nappies and wipes. They save a few quid especially now number two is in them. The Facebook group has good advice but a lot of constant buying. I've stuck with a good initial stash and a few cheap and secondhand ones. Got cheekywipes online, expensive initially but worth it. As you're washing nappies anyway washing wipes with them is easy.

Can I ask how many nappies you got initially? Also how many wipes you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I also use cloth nappies. If you search in the newborn and toddlers sub forum there was a thread on it recently there. A few if us posted about how we wash them etc. the cloth nappy group on Facebook is great for info too.

I use baba and boo nappies and got a starter kit of 20 with a bucket, mesh bags for the bucket and two wet bags. Love them and they're not too expensive. In hindsight i should have tried brand before buying a whole heap of one kind in case they didn't work for us. I bought 2/3 more baba and boo ones as well but I don't need anymore than that. It'll definitely save us a few quid, especially as I plan to keep them in case we have another baba.

Recently I bought totsbots bamboozle stretches with a blueberry wrap for nights and they are fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I started with six to see if they'd work. Then I got 18 more. Does one child for three days, washing on the third day. I've added some to that secondhand. Started with a pack of 25 wipes and bought 25 more as they're handy to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

OP if you are based in dublin, there will be a cloth nappy demo in rathmines library this saturday at 11.00

Advertisement