Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 3 week old in Special Baby Unit.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Just read through this thread randomly right now. Egan you're a legend! As is your wife and little ones, especially Darragh! It sounds like he's taking a turn for the best, which is brilliant. I can't even begin to imagine how hard its been for you. I'm wishing the best for baby Darragh and a bright future! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

delighted for you all :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww, that is fantastic news:))

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

That is great news. He is so cute and such an inspirational little dude. He is been through so much and has fought everything thrown his way. You must be so proud. He is a lucky man to have you as his father. Thanks for sharing his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Egan2012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Darragh is coming home today. Hopefully it will be a long stay. His stomach seems to be normal and he is up to nearly 9 pound weight. He is at his highest feed now since he was born so I hope he keeps going.
    When I get him him I will keep you all updated in his progress.

You sir have made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Good man Darragh :) what a little champ!!

Enjoy him Egan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's fantastic news :)

I'm so happy for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Awww. Another random reader here. How is the little mite doing now that he's home?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Just read this thread & I am so close to tears. What a beautiful little boy & a wonderful, strong & loving daddy- he's one lucky boy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

What a beautiful thread. I only came across it today. Sending little Darragh love and luck, but I think it is his astounding fighting spirit that will carry him through! In my own experience, a child with special needs benefits hugely from having older brothers and sisters, so he is a lucky little boy in that way.

Well done on getting through these difficult months, and remember to look after yourself also!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I haven't commented before but I have been keeping up with this thread. I wish you and your family all the best xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi Egan, how's darraghs getting on at home now? I hope you're all getting to enjoy your time together.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was only thinking of you today.
    How is Darragh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Me too moonbeam. Hope all is well op

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

Hi guys,
    I havnt been on this in a while. A lot has gone on in the past few months. Darragh was home for a few weeks and we were getting on great with him. About 4 weeks ago darragh took a turn for the worst. He start vomiting again and lost all his weight. We rushed him back to crumlin and we got him in for an op to put a pedge in his bowel to try and feed him that way. When he went for the op it was unsucceesful. His stomach had closed up and they couldnt get the tube through his stomack. With the syndrome darragh had he had a very short life span. At that point we said to ourselves why should he be through more pain and surfering for the rest of his short life. That would be just selfish on our part. We talked to the doctors and they agreed with us and then we made the hardest decision of our lives and that was to let god take darragh to peace and let our boy have some sort of a pain free life. From that day on the doctors made our boy comfortable. He had a week pain free after that and on the 4/4/14 our boy went to the angels.
    I would really like to thank everyone for all their messages on this. Darragh is at peace now and is happy and is looking down on us all.
    It was the hardest thing I ever had to do was carry my boys coffin but we belive it was the best thing for darragh.
    Really miss you buddy
    Love daddy xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Egan2012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I havnt been on this in a while. A lot has gone on in the past few months. Darragh was home for a few weeks and we were getting on great with him. About 4 weeks ago darragh took a turn for the worst. He start vomiting again and lost all his weight. We rushed him back to crumlin and we got him in for an op to put a pedge in his bowel to try and feed him that way. When he went for the op it was unsucceesful. His stomach had closed up and they couldnt get the tube through his stomack. With the syndrome darragh had he had a very short life span. At that point we said to ourselves why should he be through more pain and surfering for the rest of his short life. That would be just selfish on our part. We talked to the doctors and they agreed with us and then we made the hardest decision of our lives and that was to let god take darragh to peace and let our boy have some sort of a pain free life. From that day on the doctors made our boy comfortable. He had a week pain free after that and on the 4/4/14 our boy went to the angels.
    I would really like to thank everyone for all their messages on this. Darragh is at peace now and is happy and is looking down on us all.
    It was the hardest thing I ever had to do was carry my boys coffin but we belive it was the best thing for darragh.
    Really miss you buddy
    Love daddy xxxx

Oh Egan, I honestly don't know what to say except that I'm sorry for your loss. I'm in tears after reading your post. I followed this thread and Often wondered how Darragh was doing. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

R.I.P Darragh, I'm so sorry for your family's loss Egan.
    Take comfort in each other through this awful time, stay strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh egan im sorry to hear that. RIP little Darragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My deepest sympathys to you & your family Egan, my heart broke reading your post, there are no words fitting enough.
    Sleep tight Darragh x

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I have been following this tread, i am so sorry for your loss. R.I.P little angel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I am so sorry for you and your families loss Egan2012.

R.I.P. Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

So sorry to read this Egan...there's nothing more I can say.

RIP little Darragh x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Very sorry for your loss. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I don't know what anyone can say but I am sorry to hear it. All the best to the family

Thoughts are with you all

RIP Darragh x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Rest in peace little angel, so sorry for you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Chara1001

I'm so sorry Egan, my thoughts are with you all
    R.I.P little Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Egan I was in tears reading your post. You and your family are a pillar of strength and I hope ye all get through this and are able to comfort eachother.

God only takes the best and I'm sure Heaven will be a brighter place with your little Angel Darragh. Such a beautiful boy xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Thinking of you both, wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow and comfort in the midst of pain.

Sending you and your family strength and peace.

Rest in Peace Darragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nidge123

May your little angel have the peace he deserves now, god love you all, my thoughts are with you all xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

R.I.P Darragh

Advertisement