Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove duplicate files from two folders?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 1:27pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have two cops of a folder, with loads of other files and folders within. The thing is most of it is duplication - but some I know is not, but its all mixed up. Does anyone know a program that will find and delete the duplicates leaving me with one folder with all the files?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Copy all the files from one of the folders into a third folder, then copy the files from the second folder into the third folder. Delete the first two folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Glarys utilities has a function for finding duplicate files (if the above method isn't suitable)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Advertisement