Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Cave' / '[Large] Badger Hole' ...

Options
  • 19-09-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Or so we thought... was a fecking sink hole that quickly expanded over a few days - to which the horses manage to escape around!

:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Or so we thought... was a fecking sink hole that quickly expanded over a few days - to which the horses manage to escape around!

:mad:
    Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

slowburner wrote: »
    Where was this?

Near Oldtown, in Co. Dublin - there used to be a mine here that's been filled up. I believe this was what contributed to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Near Oldtown, in Co. Dublin - there used to be a mine here that's been filled up. I believe this was what contributed to it.
    Sounds interesting.

This image shows Oldtown in 1838 and 1860 (approx). The extensive quarries were obviously filled in some time between these two dates.
    Is this close to where the subsidence occurred?
    272564.png

Advertisement