Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Kilbelin Abbey Newbridge

Options
  • 19-09-2013 2:00pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks , 

Hoping someone can help me out here , 

Ive being checking away most days since our New Fibre Cab was installed to see if we were live yet ,

Anyway there on Tuesday I typed in my address without the house number by mistake and noticed there was a load of houses in the estate enabled 

Was showing 1 of 59 when I put in Kilbelin Abbey , there is 68 houses in the estate I think,

Anyway I went through the check from one to 68 and every house is available bar 50-59,

There is only one cabinet in the estate as its a new estate (5-6 years old), but I just text the builder there now to make sure

Is this just a mistake as there is house further away from the cabinet than mine and they seem to be enabled ?

If it is just a mistake then how do we go about getting it sorted , and if there is an issue , again how do we go about getting it sorted ?

Thanks for your time !

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anyone Home ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

So , any update ..........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

So , any update ..........................
    Hi pistolpetes11

Can you PM me with your full address or tel no: so I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Folks , 

Ive being checking away most days since our New Fibre Cab was installed to see if we were live yet ,

Anyway there on Tuesday I typed in my address without the house number by mistake and noticed there was a load of houses in the estate enabled 

Was showing 1 of 59 when I put in Kilbelin Abbey , there is 68 houses in the estate I think,

Anyway I went through the check from one to 68 and every house is available bar 50-59,

There is only one cabinet in the estate as its a new estate (5-6 years old), but I just text the builder there now to make sure

Is this just a mistake as there is house further away from the cabinet than mine and they seem to be enabled ?

If it is just a mistake then how do we go about getting it sorted , and if there is an issue , again how do we go about getting it sorted ?

Thanks for your time !
    Hi pistolpetes11

I got your PM and I checked the estate. Our systems show that up to 49 is showing as connected updated on the system.

I was unable to get any indication as to when the situation may change and if or when the service will be available at the address.

Mark

Hi Folks , 

Thanks for your time !
    Hi pistolpetes11

I got your PM and I checked the estate. Our systems show that up to 49 is showing as connected updated on the system.

I was unable to get any indication as to when the situation may change and if or when the service will be available at the address.

Mark
    Hi Mark , 

It seems only the 50's were missed , Im hoping and presume this was some sort of mistake , 

The the image attached 

61 K A can get the service , Who can I speak with that will advise me more on the situation , customer service on the phone dont know , neither does the online chat

• Advertisement

Hi Mark , 

Any update on this for me please ?

Thanks

Peter

Hi Mark , 

Thanks

Peter
    Hi Peter,

We have had a number of similar queries from customers. Which we have sent to the efibre networks department

In some cases where one address out of 20 is not qualifying for the efibre service.

The response we get and have to advise customers is:

"the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Operations have informed me that it's not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

I really do understand how vague the response is however all we can say is that although we have no news indication as to if or when the efibre service may be available regarding your address and those few in the estate as yet. Work is continually ongoing if you want to check back with us for an update in a few months.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark , 

Thanks

Peter
    Hi Peter,

We have had a number of similar queries from customers. Which we have sent to the efibre networks department

In some cases where one address out of 20 is not qualifying for the efibre service.

"the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Operations have informed me that it's not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

I really do understand how vague the response is however all we can say is that although we have no news indication as to if or when the efibre service may be available regarding your address and those few in the estate as yet. Work is continually ongoing if you want to check back with us for an update in a few months.

Thanks, Mark
    Well Mark ,

A few months have passed , 

Speaking to CC on the phone a few weeks ago told me that my estate is not actually enabled and the map is wrong but it should be in December or maybe the new year , 

Have you any more info for me please ? 

My PS4 needs more bandwidth !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Mark , 

Thanks

Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks, Mark
    Well Mark ,

A few months have passed , 

Speaking to CC on the phone a few weeks ago told me that my estate is not actually enabled and the map is wrong but it should be in December or maybe the new year , 

Have you any more info for me please ? 

My PS4 needs more bandwidth !!!

I'm afraid we have no updates on this.

We have no roll out plans or lead times on when address are being upgraded to eFibre unfortunately.
    Your exchange has been enabled however your address is not enabled as of yet. Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey  

Ok 4 Months on and Im still trying to find out what the situation is with eFibre for my house , 

I was in Neighbours this morning and they have it , Can you give me a straight answer as to when it will be available in my house a few doors down or why it is not available in my home,

Is there anything that can be done on my end , Can I get a new line ran in ? 

Can I get a third party to fix the problem 

What are my options please .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok 4 Months on and Im still trying to find out what the situation is with eFibre for my house , 

I was in Neighbours this morning and they have it , Can you give me a straight answer as to when it will be available in my house a few doors down or why it is not available in my home,

Hi pistolpetes11

Please PM me your address or landline number and I'll look into this further for you,

Many thanks

Al

Hi pistolpetes11

Please PM me your address or landline number and I'll look into this further for you,

Many thanks

Al
    PM sent , Spoke to an Engineer at the cabinet today who cant see any reason why I am being told I cant avail of the service .

Hi pistolpetes11

Many thanks

Al
    PM sent , Spoke to an Engineer at the cabinet today who cant see any reason why I am being told I cant avail of the service .
    Thanks pistolpetes11

Al

Hi Alan , 

Have your heard anything back on this yet ? 

Thanks 

Hi Alan , 

I sent you a PM earlier , just wondering if you have anything back on this for me yet ?

Thanks 

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Flat.Eric82

Hi Pete,

I am only a few doors up from you and I have contacted eircom numerous times about efibre and they have whitewashed me with the same line"not guaranteed".  I've asked for the engineers report as to why I cannot get access despite over 90% of the houses in the estate with access. They denied my requests and have been awful to deal with. I've stayed loyal to eircom over the last few years (despite better deals from rivals) all in the promise that efibre was coming . Now they are simply ignoring the problem and offering no solutions! 

Hi Eric , 

Alan was in touch via PM and he has been onto operations about the issue and is trying to get a resolution , Im on a crappy 1MB now with the brilliant WiMax , makes working from home a nightmare , sometime I would be quicker driving to where ever I need to send a file and dropping it in .

Alan Knows and understands I am in desperate need of the service , Ive put it to the them I would at this stage be willing to pay for a 3rd party to provide me a report as to what the problem is and how I ( Now we ) can go about resolving the issue.

Keep an eye in here as Il be reporting back when he does get back to me , I expect to hear something on Monday morning .

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Flat.Eric82

Hi Pete,

Good stuff. I had been wanting to post a message for a while as I had been following your progress over the last while with eircom. I just couldn't believe that they would not explain why and how all houses could not be connected considering it is a new estate and the distance from the exchange. To make matters worse was the fact that they were hiding behind the "not guaranteed" line. I just hope they can supply us with more detail and or get an engineer back out to the exchange to fix it. 

Hi Pete,

Good stuff. I had been wanting to post a message for a while as I had been following your progress over the last while with eircom. I just couldn't believe that they would not explain why and how all houses could not be connected considering it is a new estate and the distance from the exchange. To make matters worse was the fact that they were hiding behind the "not guaranteed" line. I just hope they can supply us with more detail and or get an engineer back out to the exchange to fix it. 
    Hi Alan , Just checking in on this ,

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    HI pistolpetes11

I'm afraid I have no further update however I have been informed that I can expect an update from operations within the next few days.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    HI pistolpetes11

I'm afraid I have no further update however I have been informed that I can expect an update from operations within the next few days.

Thanks

Al
    Hi AL ,

Thanks for that , 

Il be in touch on Friday to check for an update,

Peter

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    HI pistolpetes11

Thanks

Al
    Hi AL ,

Thanks for that , 

Peter
    No worries Peter,

Talk to you then

Al

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    HI pistolpetes11

Thanks

Al
    Hi AL ,

Thanks for that , 

Peter
    No worries Peter,

Talk to you then

Al
    Hi Alan , 

Just checking in on this ?

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Alan , 

Just checking back in on this again ,

Thanks

Peter

Do you ever get the feeling that your talking to yourself ???

Alan , Any update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jasper1

Pistolpetes11, Flat.Eric82
    Sometimes the address checker and the line checker can be out of sequence. Did you check if your telephone number qualifies for efibre?

jasper1 

jasper1 wrote: »
    Pistolpetes11, Flat.Eric82
    Sometimes the address checker and the line checker can be out of sequence. Did you check if your telephone number qualifies for efibre?

jasper1 
    Il out do that , 

I rang up Eircom a couple of weeks ago , order a new number , received nothing , not a peep , So I go onto customer support this evening and they tell me my new number is enabled for eFibre !

Ordering its up as we speak 

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    Hi pistolpetes11

I have good news, I've been actively chasing this up and have finally been assured that efibre is now available to you, can you PM me a mobile number for you and we will discuss this further?

Al

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    Hi pistolpetes11

I have good news, I've been actively chasing this up and have finally been assured that efibre is now available to you, can you PM me a mobile number for you and we will discuss this further?

Al
    Sending the PM now 

• Advertisement

Hi Alan , 

Thanks 
    Hi pistolpetes11

Al
    Sending the PM now 
    Hi pistolpetes11

Thanks for taking my call

Al

Advertisement