Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Kilbelin Abbey Newbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Flat.Eric82

Hi Alan,

I am in the same situation and a few doors down. Can you have a look into mine? 

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Alan,

I am in the same situation and a few doors down. Can you have a look into mine? 

Regards
    Hi Flat.Eric82

Got your PM and replied, Unfortunately I do not know why this had happened but glad it's getting sorted once and for all :)

Al

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Alan , 

I ordered online last Wednesday but as of yet the order has not been processed on your system , 

Can you look into this for me please ? 

Hi Alan , 

I ordered online last Wednesday but as of yet the order has not been processed on your system , 

Hi Pete,

I ordered mine up on Monday and an engineer will be out to us on Tuesday !
    Just to let you know .

Regards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Would it make sense for this engineer to kill 2 birds with one stone here ? 

Either that or you get a very strong wireless router I can tap into Eric , lol

At least something good has come out of this thread , Alan took ownership of the issue and its be solved for the most part with you getting yours next week , and hopefully me too

Thanks 

Peter

• Advertisement

Hi Alan , 

At least something good has come out of this thread , Alan took ownership of the issue and its be solved for the most part with you getting yours next week , and hopefully me too

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Pete,

Only for yourself and Alan in Eircom, this would never have been sorted. Well it would be a good idea to get them both done together . My engineer is due between 9-1pm on Tuesday 25th. So would mentioning !

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter
    Hi pistolpetes11 & Flat.Eric82

Many thanks for your nice feedback :)

I could not agree more that and it makes perfect sense to 'kill two birds with one stone' however unfortunately the efibre team have advised me that a work schedule is already drawn up for erics installation engineer and it cannot be ammended.

Did you receive any notice of an installation date yet Pete? You should have by now...

Al

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

I could not agree more that and it makes perfect sense to 'kill two birds with one stone' however unfortunately the efibre team have advised me that a work schedule is already drawn up for erics installation engineer and it cannot be ammended.

Did you receive any notice of an installation date yet Pete? You should have by now...

Al
    Hi Al, 

No word even though I ordered mine 3 business days before Eric ? 

Surely the eFibre team could look on this case on merit that its been ongoing for 5 months ? 

Thanks again for your time ,

Peter

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

Al
    Hi Al, 

Surely the eFibre team could look on this case on merit that its been ongoing for 5 months ? 

Peter
    Yes that's odd pete,

Can you PM me your efibre order number? I'll look in to it.

Al

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

Al
    Hi Al, 

Peter
    Yes that's odd pete,

Al
    Hi Alan , 

I ordered online , with the help of a sales assistant called James via the online Chat , 

I received no order number just the following email 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, Peter

Thank you for choosing superfast Fibre Broadband from eircom.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happens next?
    [/font]
    • We are currently processing your Fibre broadband order. Once your order is processed, we will be in contact in the next couple of days to arrange an installation appointment.
    • Once agreed, our technician will arrive to your home on the appointment date to install your superfast Fibre Broadband. Should you need to change the date of your appointment, please contact 1901 by at least the day before your appointment and a member of our team will reschedule this appointment for you.
    [*]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Thank you,

eircom[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

Al
    Hi Al, 

Peter
    Yes that's odd pete,

Al
    Hi Alan , 

I ordered online , with the help of a sales assistant called James via the online Chat , 

[/font]
    • We are currently processing your Fibre broadband order. Once your order is processed, we will be in contact in the next couple of days to arrange an installation appointment.
    • Once agreed, our technician will arrive to your home on the appointment date to install your superfast Fibre Broadband. Should you need to change the date of your appointment, please contact 1901 by at least the day before your appointment and a member of our team will reschedule this appointment for you.

[*]
    Thank you,

eircom[/font]

[*]
    Hi pistolpetes11

Ordering online usually has a longer lead time (average up to 20 days as opposed to 10 working days when ordering from sales over a call) It's best not to cancel as this would create even more delays)

Leave it with me and I'll request an update from online opps and ask to have it escalated for you, I should be back to you later today

Al

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

Al
    Hi Al, 

Peter
    Yes that's odd pete,

Al
    Hi Alan , 

[/font]

[*]
    Thank you,

eircom[/font]

[*]
    Hi pistolpetes11

Ordering online usually has a longer lead time (average up to 20 days as opposed to 10 working days when ordering from sales over a call) It's best not to cancel as this would create even more delays)

Leave it with me and I'll request an update from online opps and ask to have it escalated for you, I should be back to you later today

Al
    [*]
    Hi Alan , 

I rang today , They had no order on the system for me ,

They reordered it and have given me an order number and appointment for Friday next week ,

Hopefully the saga is coming to an end ,

Thanks 

Peter

Hi Alan , 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know .

Regards
    Hi Alan , 

Thanks 

Peter

Al
    Hi Al, 

Peter
    Yes that's odd pete,

Al
    Hi Alan , 

[/font]

[*]
    Thank you,

eircom[/font]

[*]
    Hi pistolpetes11

Al

[*]
    Hi Alan , 

I rang today , They had no order on the system for me ,

They reordered it and have given me an order number and appointment for Friday next week ,

Hopefully the saga is coming to an end ,

Thanks 

Peter
    [*]
    Hopefully so pistolpetes11

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused

Al

Hi Alan , 

The saga continues ,

My order number is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1004635, [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was given an appointment for this coming Friday , but its not up on your system , there is nothing there for me ,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you not sort this out once and for all.[/font]

Hi Alan , 

The saga continues ,

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was given an appointment for this coming Friday , but its not up on your system , there is nothing there for me ,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you not sort this out once and for all.[/font]
    Hi pistolpetes11

Very sorry to hear this.

I've just looked in to this now and see that the agent you were speaking to is arranging an appointment for this Friday the 28th, as soon as I see confirmation of this appointment I'll let you know.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan , 

The saga continues ,

Hi pistolpetes11

Very sorry to hear this.

I've just looked in to this now and see that the agent you were speaking to is arranging an appointment for this Friday the 28th, as soon as I see confirmation of this appointment I'll let you know.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan , 

This is getting beyond a JOKE at this stage , 

Got a phone call on Tuesday from your office to say it will be installed on Wednesday , 

Great , Take Wednesday off Work , lads come and install the new wall plate , test it , tell me the line is perfect but they don't have a modem for me .

Tell me to call up and request one , which I do , I am informed it will be with me tomorrow (Today ) 

Take more time off work to get the delivery which arrives first thing , great .

Proceed to set it up but there is no DSL Light , ring the number for Broadband Tech support which came with the router only to be told they don't know how to deal with eFibre routers and will have to transfer me , 25 mins on hold on top of the 15 to the guy who didn't know what to do !

Get through and find out I have been given another new landline number(my 3rd at this stage) and that the delivery date for my eFibre service is 04/03/14 , told that my eFibre is not yet turned on , "call back later" in 24 or 48 hours .

At this stage my blood is boiling and I have to hang up , the ineptitude is beyond belief , can YOU please turn on my broadband , my original order date was the 12/02 and this is after 5 months of trying to get the service whilst others in my estate could , to phantom orders online , to orders over the phone but with no install appointments , to getting it installed with out a modem / router to today getting a router but the line installed yesterday does not work .

I hope you can understand my absolute disbelief and anger and I trust you will have this sorted in the next few hours.

Seems nobody from the reps was on here yesterday I wonder will you look at this today please Alan 

Hi Alan , 

The saga continues ,

Hi pistolpetes11

Very sorry to hear this.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan , 

This is getting beyond a JOKE at this stage , 

Got a phone call on Tuesday from your office to say it will be installed on Wednesday , 

Great , Take Wednesday off Work , lads come and install the new wall plate , test it , tell me the line is perfect but they don't have a modem for me .

Tell me to call up and request one , which I do , I am informed it will be with me tomorrow (Today ) 

Take more time off work to get the delivery which arrives first thing , great .

Proceed to set it up but there is no DSL Light , ring the number for Broadband Tech support which came with the router only to be told they don't know how to deal with eFibre routers and will have to transfer me , 25 mins on hold on top of the 15 to the guy who didn't know what to do !

Get through and find out I have been given another new landline number(my 3rd at this stage) and that the delivery date for my eFibre service is 04/03/14 , told that my eFibre is not yet turned on , "call back later" in 24 or 48 hours .

At this stage my blood is boiling and I have to hang up , the ineptitude is beyond belief , can YOU please turn on my broadband , my original order date was the 12/02 and this is after 5 months of trying to get the service whilst others in my estate could , to phantom orders online , to orders over the phone but with no install appointments , to getting it installed with out a modem / router to today getting a router but the line installed yesterday does not work .

I hope you can understand my absolute disbelief and anger and I trust you will have this sorted in the next few hours.
    Well the drama continues , 

Rang back after 24 and 48 hours and still no eFibre, 

Ive now been told you not due to be installed to the 4th of March and you eFibre wont be turned on till then , 

Rite , I have a straight answer now and can wait till Tuesday ,

20 mins after I get off the phone I get a text message with my installation appointment for the for the Tuesday .

I ring the number provided to explain the situation , the rep on the phone says he better put me through to to " technical " 25 mins on hold and get through to a pretty decent bloke who is in utter shock at the shambles of an experience I have had so far .

He says we better not cancel the appointment incase there is another mess up , let the lads come explain the situation when they get here .

Grand Il take another day off work and get this sorted once and for all.

This morning I get a call from KN Networks installations team ( ON A SUNDAY ! I know) but I missed the call but not sure what they wanted , Im hopping its not another mess up !

At Long Last :)

ffau.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dynosaur

Man, you are very patient!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of ordering efibre/evision, but NO WAY Jose! 

I would have had a heart attack looooooong before you got your problem fixed.

And I am an eircom customer since they started!!! 
    (still with regular BB, but you made up my mind for me to go with UPC)

Thank you for sharing your experience.

My hat off to you for sticking so patiently with trying to resolve your problem.

• Advertisement

At Long Last :)

ffau.png
    Hi pistolpetes11

Glad to hear it's installed. I'm sorry I was not available to reply to your last few post but if there's anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement