Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roadworks in UL

• 19-09-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

anybody know when the roadworks/one way system in UL will be finished?
    Looked up the UL website and no mention there....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mmm, nothing on the AA site about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Until 'mid october', according to a text I received from UL Arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

ok thanks for that.
    Id prefer not to have to go into UL during the day until the mess there is sorted out!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What are they doing? I noticed they moved the bus stop.

I was out walking that way this evening and traffic was a nightmare around the campus. Looks like they are laying new road and paths on the main stretch outside the former Stables Bar. It's down to one lane from the roundabout that brings you to the Concert Hall right up to the Sports Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It's spreading Bazz. Two weeks ago it was only one-lane from beyond The Stables to the Arena. Next stop, the Parkway....
    By the way anyone else notice the UL security guys directing about every 3rd car in through the small gate that leads to the boathouse....just to try and ease the pressure leading to the main gate.
    A couple of years ago they locked this gate in the mornings to prevent the very same thing from happening :confused:

I know the campus is busy all year long but surely it would have made more sense to this work during the summer when the majority of students are on leave? Would that be too simple?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bazz26 wrote: »
    I know the campus is busy all year long but surely it would have made more sense to this work during the summer when the majority of students are on leave? Would that be too simple?

They were working on it during the summer as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I work out there and they have been at it since around may

They must be paid by the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

They are laying new pipes for a new building going up in front of the MSSI in the car park. I think we are in for disruption for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They are building an extension to the MSSi building- apparently it will be where the staff car park used to be behind the bus stop, and indeed where the bus stop used to be too! As a result they are re-aligning the road. Apparently it is finished end of October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Hope it's not the same guys that are doing the Boardwalk by Clohessy's:D

Advertisement