Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I change followed thread notification?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I recently followed a few threads and am now fed up with the emails i get, but woudl still like to keep an eye on the threads in my own time. I.E. not receive notifications via email, but simply view them through the my threads tab on the homepage.

Is there anyway other than unfollowing and then re-following and selecting no notifications to change/turn off notifcation frequency on a followed thread?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Start with this, for your default "follow" options for future threads. It's about half way down. Choose "No eMail Notification"

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Also to change existing threads you have subbed to, hover over your username and click on 'Followed threads'.

For any that say 'Instant', 'Daily' or 'Weekly', tick the box beside them. At the bottom of the page select 'No email notification' from the drop down menu.

Advertisement