Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Dungarvan is possibly in the top 3 races of the year behind Dublin marathon and .....I have it at number 2. The spread after it leaves me a happy round bunny going home....value for money 10/10....
    Anyone know the mallow date here for nxt year ?

---ask and ye shall receive ---

Sunday the 23rd March AFAIK
    ( but I'd wait until its officially announced before making plans )

Now, gotta find a race between Dungarvan and then to keep me on track ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

mr.wiggle wrote: »

Meath half 2nd march ?? Or you could do Thr dungarvan 10k end of feb. you could run part of Thr 10 mile course use same showers and eat similar grub. Pb course too. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

Tralee 10 miler in the middle of February

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

mr.wiggle wrote: »

23rd of March is the offical date but probably won't start advertising it till the Ballycotton entry process is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Or maybe they could do something crazy like allow people to transfer their entry to a friend!

Now that's just crazy talk.

• Advertisement

psychozeb wrote: »
    23rd of March is the offical date but probably won't start advertising it till the Ballycotton entry process is finished.

Why not ? Ideal Xmas pressie for a chubbie friend along with a pair of runners.
    I had entered this year and missed out at last min. Really looking forward to it and 3 weeks from london is ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Why not ? Ideal Xmas pressie for a chubbie friend along with a pair of runners.
    I had entered this year and missed out at last min. Really looking forward to it and 3 weeks from london is ideal

Some of the others reckon it'd get lost between the other two races,and that if they don't manage to get into the other races that they'll be okay for Mallow.It's only in the last few years we've been getting big fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

I've registered for this but can no longer take part.

Is it possible to sell to someone else?

Should i contact the race organisers to arrange this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doheny2000

I've registered for this but can no longer take part.

Is it possible to sell to someone else?

Should i contact the race organisers to arrange this?
    If this is possible and your place is available I'll buy it off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

I dont see pacer details on the race website.
    Are they every 10 mins i.e 60....70...80....etc or every 5 mins?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Last year I believe there were pacers for 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90

viperlogic wrote: »
    Last year I believe there were pacers for 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90

Sound. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Sound. Thanks

See you there.... Fancy trotting around with the 60 pace group??

Gavlor wrote: »
    See you there.... Fancy trotting around with the 60 pace group??

Hi,
    Ordinarilly I would have said yes. Hamstring is strained since a race on new years day and at at this stage I dont think ill be be fit enough for 6min miles come race day.

I see your heading for London....Is Dungarvan set to be a big marker as to where you are in terms of preperation?

Hi,
    Ordinarilly I would have said yes. Hamstring is strained since a race on new years day and at at this stage I dont think ill be be fit enough for 6min miles come race day.

I see your heading for London....Is Dungarvan set to be a big marker as to where you are in terms of preperation?

Sorry should have said - My question re pacers was to do with a race buddy system we have in the club where you offer to pace a clubmate to achieve a certain time if your not planning to race it.
    If for instance there were 10 mins gaps between pacing groups, I might have offered to do the 65 min slot for a couple of club mates. But with pacers every 5 mins, im out of job there too.

Just hope I dont lose interest in the Dungarvan race and decide not to travel. All depends on how the leg feels. Mallow 10 is the target this spring so dont want to jeopardise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Hi,

Not particularly. I'm just back to reasonable mileage following the hamstring tear in dcm so it's a case of seeing how I feel over the next 2 weeks. I'm doing mount Juliet half and mallow ten this side of London so plenty of opportunities to gauge fitness then.

Mind that hammer...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Apologies for what is no doubt a silly question.
    I have entered this having only ever done a 5k last march, so no experience at events.
    Started training in November, so nervous I'm worried ill chicken out!! Anyway just wondering re pacers.... How the hell do you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

lachin wrote: »
    Apologies for what is no doubt a silly question.
    I have entered this having only ever done a 5k last march, so no experience at events.
    Started training in November, so nervous I'm worried ill chicken out!! Anyway just wondering re pacers.... How the hell do you find them?

typically have balloons tied to them with the pace on them

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SB5

I am signed up for dungarvan 10 but can't participate now unfortunately...does anybody know if I can sell my number or should I contact organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

SB5 wrote: »
    I am signed up for dungarvan 10 but can't participate now unfortunately...does anybody know if I can sell my number or should I contact organisers?

Read the sheet that comes with your number to get a clear answer to this. Basically cant sell it and return it to organisers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Got number in post today. Interesting they have in big bold writing that any people wearing headphones/mp3 players will be recorded as "Headphone Wearer" in the results. I hope that they carry this through on this threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I'm doing mount Juliet half and mallow ten this side of London so plenty of opportunities to gauge fitness then.

The Mount Juliet half will test that hammer Gav! Good luck! Hope it goes well for you. You're making a good comeback. Trying the same thing myself after months of groin trouble. Let's just say I've wintered well!

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I'm doing mount Juliet half and mallow ten this side of London so plenty of opportunities to gauge fitness then.

The Mount Juliet half will test that hammer Gav! Good luck! Hope it goes well for you. You're making a good comeback. Trying the same thing myself after months of groin trouble. Let's just say I've wintered well!

Going to miss out myself on this with groin trouble. Love this race though, might tag along for the spread afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

ger664 wrote: »
    Got number in post today. Interesting they have in big bold writing that any people wearing headphones/mp3 players will be recorded as "Headphone Wearer" in the results. I hope that they carry this through on this threat.

The first thing I thought when I read that yesterday was to wear the biggest headphones I could find, however I think I'll refrain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

vinny1313 wrote: »
    The first thing I thought when I read that yesterday was to wear the biggest headphones I could find:)

:confused: ??

So you could be recorded as "Headphone Wearer"? :confused:

plumber77 wrote: »
    Going to miss out myself on this with groin trouble. Love this race though, might tag along for the spread afterwards

Hope its not too bad plumber! What treatment are you getting?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Hope its not too bad plumber! What treatment are you getting?

I've an original diagnosis of gilmores groin, second opinion just a groin strain. Waiting on an MRI scan now. Hope it's the second one. As of this moment just resting up. Struck me down on New Year's Day and I could hardly walk.

I've an original diagnosis of gilmores groin, second opinion just a groin strain. Waiting on an MRI scan now. Hope it's the second one. As of this moment just resting up. Struck me down on New Year's Day and I could hardly walk.

****e! Had the Gilmore's done 10 years ago. It was successful but it took a long time after the op to get it right. Back then running wasn't my thing. I was playing inter county hurling which put more strain on it than running. Now I'm an auld fella who should've known better than to go back playing a bit of junior hurling last July! It went the second night back. The surgeon says it's gone again but put me on an exercise prog to see if surgery can be avoided. Wasn't working so then I got a steroid injection into it. I think it's a bit better and went back doing a bit three weeks ago. It's holding up so far but it doesn't feel completely right. I'd put up with it though if it meant I could carry on the the way I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

looking forward to Dungarvan again this year, it's always a good race and a indicator on how much work is needed to shape up for a long road running season ahead.
    Conditions looking poor enough with wind and rain in the morning, let's hope the rain will have eased before the start. Nothing worse than doing your warm up in the shaggin' rain :)

• Advertisement

GOt both of them nov 12....apart from The price it was a success ....can you run no problem and when you push you get very sore ?? If you get a date keep training as it will half recovery....when its sorted or even now start doing core work...

Advertisement