Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 2014

Options
1235»

Comments

Must add this to my list of "the never ending whine from some road runners".

The distance was 40 metres out
    There wasn't enough water stations in that 5km race
    The water was given to us in cups, not bottles
    The camber on the road was too severe
    The start was delayed 13 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

I PB'ed in 1.11.13 despite the delay, the weather and wearing glasses - Also got to chat to Sean Hehir afterwards we are from neighbouring parishes in Clare - What a very nice man!! T'was worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Thanks to West Waterford for a great race yesterday and all who volunteered.

I was feeling sorry for myself at the 3 mile mark until I saw all the volunteers at the water station who were soaked to the skin and handing out drinks to beat the band - at least I could keep moving to warm up.

Spread at end was terrific.

Missed out on a pb by 1 second though - reckon I'll blame the hailstones for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fowler1

59 flat yesterday for me, a few pb posted conditions must have evened out over the 2 halves. As for the cake and buns getting scarce I would look in the direction
    of village runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Webpal...Your post was the first after race post...Frustration/cold/travelled to race?? probably... There was a funeral which delayed the start... ..... James Veale is Chairman of WWAC and he was liaising with Gardaí on when to allow race to start... Hope you had a good run... and .. please edit your post ??

I don't there is anything to edit. If you look at my next post a few minutes later I complimented all involved. I still think though that we should have been told that the start was going to be delayed so at least people could have kept moving about........hail, sleet or shine. And for the record, I didn't match my previous best of two years ago but I beat last years time and I arrived home with 3 boxes of Heineken more than when I left thanks to supervalu's €15 off voucher :) Frustrated? Let's move on... Duncannon 10k next for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Anyone with a few hours spare time.

Race report

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

ger664 wrote: »
    Anyone with a few hours spare time.

Race report

Great report Ger:).... Maybe sub 70 in Mallow with better weather conditions.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Had a dose of cold at the w/end so missed out on this :( Ok I'm slightly relieved to have avoided the challenging weather but disappointed to have missed a really good race. Not sure how I'm fixed for Ballycotton now as Dungarvan would have been a good test but will see on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Entry for the 2015 race has been open since start of October

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

boodiebhoy wrote: »

Thats ridiculous. I want to see where I am in terms of training before deciding on whether to run or not. I would like to have the option if deciding come December at the very least. Given the fact that this race sells fast I may not have that option.

• Advertisement

Thats ridiculous. I want to see where I am in terms of training before deciding on whether to run or not. I would like to have the option if deciding come December at the very least. Given the fact that this race sells fast I may not have that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Thanks for the reminder, have the entry form printed off ready to go. Will stop me getting too lazy over xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Think this is getting pretty close to selling out already if anyone is still undecided

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnnyDun

is now full according to the website, elite entries only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JohnnyDun wrote: »
    is now full according to the website, elite entries only.

you serious? Glad I registered only a few days ago. It's my next thing to work towards, surely the start can't be any worse than last year (weather wise) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Wow - sold out on the day I start my training plan for it :(

Looks like Trim 10m is a goer (same day).

EauRouge79 wrote: »

Ah well.
    I would like to have run Dungarvan but not to be.

Opening registration 4 months before a 10 miler thats guaranteed to sell out is for me,taking the piss. I havent got races that are 4 months away on my radar yet!!! I would like the option to decide closer to the date (say 6/8 weeks out) having done a bit of training to guage where I am.
    Ballycotton is a different animal and even at that they leave space for later entry for club members. Dont get me wrong im delighted to see loads of people out running and taking part in these events be they club members or not, club running isnt for everyone.I ran long enough without a club. However the fact remains that the vast majority of races are organised by running clubs and members give freely if their time to organise, steward, bake cakes etc.....in turn I believe that some effort should be made to acommodate these same people at races - especially these spring 10mile races which signal the start of a new season for most.

Enjoy the race and best of luck to those who have entered, it is a fine event. Despite my comments above.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

With this event sold out can somebody recommend another 10 mile event in Jan/Feb.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Limerick91 wrote: »
    With this event sold out can somebody recommend another 10 mile event in Jan/Feb.

Cheers

Trim 10 Mile - 1st February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Limerick91 wrote: »

Cheers

Trim 10 same day as John Treacy.
    Ballycotton is early March but tough to get into.
    Bundoran 10 mile is 14th of March if your willing to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Tralee 10 miler, middle of February

Advertisement