Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailoring a mens topcoat to fit better

• 19-09-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I got myself a lovely top coat last January for my wedding. It's a pure wool Hugo Boss. Nothing fancy, just a classic navy top coat.

Anyway, maybe it was the excitement of the upcoming wedding, but for some reason I didn't spot at the time that it is actually far too big for me.!
    It's not too bad when I wear it with a suit, but if I put it on with a shirt/jumper I just look lost.

Is it possible to get any sort of tailoring on this that would not be permanent that would make it fit better. I say not permanent because I intend on having this coat forever and may get comfortable with life over the years.!!

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I got a double breasted wool peacoat altered in the Dublin Alterations Centre on Sth. Anne St about 3 years ago. Turned out great, it was E75 to get shoulders in, sleeves shortened, and waist taken in. I'd recommend them for sure. If you tell them you want it done as non-destructively as possible they'll probably be able to leave seam allowance, but be aware that might not allow it to sit the best it can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

I got a double breasted wool peacoat altered in the Dublin Alterations Centre on Sth. Anne St about 3 years ago. Turned out great, it was E75 to get shoulders in, sleeves shortened, and waist taken in. I'd recommend them for sure. If you tell them you want it done as non-destructively as possible they'll probably be able to leave seam allowance, but be aware that might not allow it to sit the best it can.

Thanks very much. I'll check them out. Thats pretty much what I need doing.

Advertisement