Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile sim in nokia 8800 = incompatible handset?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

When i put a 3 sim in my nokia 8800, it says code error and then incompatible handset. It then asks to "Enter Restriction Code"

Im sure my phone is 3g because i checked it with 3.

How do i make my phone work with 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The phone must be locked to another network then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia-8800-01.jpg

If this is your phone, it wont work with three. Its not 3g compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John smithy

Davy wrote: »
    Nokia-8800-01.jpg

If this is your phone, it wont work with three. Its not 3g compatible

That is my phone but 3 told me to text them to find out if my phone has 3g. They text me a link and when i followed it, it told me that my phone will work on 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That is my phone but 3 told me to text them to find out if my phone has 3g. They text me a link and when i followed it, it told me that my phone will work on 3?

Well some gsm phones do work with three, but your phone doesn't have 3g. In fact it probably pre-dates it. It will work with any of the other networks once it is unlocked, and unlocking is handy

Advertisement