Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherryghosts Boardgame Nights

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Actually I vote 12th october :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Meetup has been scheduled for the 12th. Event is posted on meeting.com but if you wanna shout here that's cool too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I would love to come along if I may. I really want to start playing games but have found it difficult to get my friends to play with me on any sort of regular basis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I suggest you add yourself to the meetup group and rsvp to the upcoming game.
    There's another meetup group on the outskirts of Dublin so if city centre doesn't suit try that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There's another meetup group on the outskirts of Dublin so if city centre doesn't suit try that.
    The meetup group has really sparked interest!

• Advertisement

Cheers. I did just that. The location is very convenient for me too! See you on the 12th.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We'll have at least 12, got spare chairs and a table at the ready if we get more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoy guys. Unfortunately I've been under the weather. Don't want to be the real life source of a Pandemic style outbreak :D

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might drop out myself, sounds like your place will be rammed full!!!

Nah s'cool! The more the merrier!

• Advertisement

But how could I tell who the spy was with so many people? :eek:

:pac:

(It's probably Tar though...)

Looks like we'll have 10 instead of 12. A nice round number nevertheless :)

Hows Friday Nov. 8th for people?

Sounds good to me, I'll bring my whopper boardgame collection :pac:

Yo this still on? I'm tired of getting beaten by my cats

mbgAira.jpg

Anybody else interested?

Sorry, I screwed up my timetable. Not able to host this weekend :(

dang! all right grand :)

Saturday December 7th! Put it in your Diary! I hope to get 2 more squeezed in over the Christmas holidays.

Sadly can't make that night, but if you are doing other nights too, then hopefully can drag my ass to one of them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saturday December 7th! Put it in your Diary! I hope to get 2 more squeezed in over the Christmas holidays.
    I might pop around. Have a concert in Dublin on the 6th, so I'll be staying up there the Friday night.

• Advertisement

Mother. Of. God.

There's a boardgame forum and they have boardgame nights?

How the hell did I not know about this? :eek:

Mother. Of. God.

There's a boardgame forum and they have boardgame nights?

How the hell did I not know about this? :eek:

Now you do and now attendance is mandatory :P

I'll more than likely be in Germany that weekend soaking up the christmas cheer, but I shall subscribe to your newsletter dear sir :D

Finally can take what I have learned from my cats and bring along king of tokyo, can't wait.

Afraid it's all mandatory once you've seen the meetup guys. As is tradition I shall leave one cheap cider in your fridge :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to a show that night :( Hopefully next time!

🤪

Great fun last night! We played:

Dixit
    Love Letter
    King of Tokyo
    Spyrium
    Coup
    Libertalia

and the other lads played Arkham Horror <3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And who knows, maybe some time we can finish a game of it too :pac:

All those games were really awesome, great night, got to play all 3 games of my massive game collection haha. Looking forward to next time. ARRRRRRRRRRRR
    Dixit was hilarious.

Once you know how to play arkham you can show us :D

I pretty much know how to play AH after that night. It was one of those things where if anything happens it's straight to the rule book to see what to do :) i.e. a learning experience. There are a million things to keep track of but we had enough space on the table (only just). The fun part of the game for me was the event cards and all the god awful **** that happens to your character. The actual gameplay is kind of RPGish in that it's pretty much all dice rolls. I'd definitely play it again.

High point: Smacking some kid in the face who tried to pick my pocket.
    Low point(s): Being dragged into the sea by a mysterious black tentacle and then brutalised by a Hound of Tindalos and a Vampire.
    Special comedy mention: Bjorn rolling dice to see whether or not a mysterious black presence could force its way between his lips or not.

• Advertisement

Oh god, I'd forgotten about the shadow!

Advertisement