Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

mmm so glad I made chocolate cake yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

chocolate orange - drooooolllll

Sorry Will, I hope she wins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Whats the challenge, just missed the first few mins

Birdsong wrote: »
    Chocolate cake of their choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Stephen's cake looks cool. I definitely want him to win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Birdsong wrote: »
    The challenge this week is chocolate, they have not said what the technical challenge is yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Stephen's cake looks cool. I definitely want him to win.

I think he's definitely the one to beat

Poor Barbara, where's she goin with the green food colouring!?

Didn't know will had a blog. They're really beginning to show his personality now. I'm thinking will is there to the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

haha, lol @ Will finished early :D

• Advertisement

Is the presentation not very amateurish???

Stephen's presentation is quite messy, I expected more when I saw his precise approach to piping the tiger print.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is the presentation not very amateurish???

Yep, agree with that.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Stephen's presentation is quite messy, I expected more when I saw his precise approach to piping the tiger print.

I thought the overhang of the tiger outer layer was a bit ugly. He should have trimmed it down level to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Does Biddy White Lennon actually have an opinion on any of the cakes or what is she there for?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

'...moist...moist...moist...' :D

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Does Biddy White Lennon actually have an opinion on any of the cakes or what is she there for?!
    Lol at her comment at the beginning of the show about knowing if something wasn't quite right flavourwise, she looks to himself for the lead every single time and just agrees...

I don't like that they show all the positive comments during judging and then afterwards the judges say they weren't impressed.

well, she's no Mary Berry! She's just winging it.

That looks like a fabulous dessert. Bit of a jump in terms of technicality from the previous challenges to this.

• Advertisement

'I think orange and mango go well together' - Profound! BWL

Eh it's not Masterchef, the whole quenelle thing is hardly a skill you'd expect from a baker is it? I'm a bit confused by how much emphasis the judges are putting on certain aspects of the challenges!

Had anyone managed to make a tweal? (Have no idea how to spell it let alone make it)

Grr would Biddy stop insulting the contestants efforts, unprofessional much? Bit of constructive criticism wouldn't go amiss, could take a tip from Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Paul seems to have quite a shake in his hands.

Biddy just constantly states the obvious and says the same thing all the time. She's really starting to annoy me.

She's annoyed me from the get go. She's had to be asked 3 or 4 times 'what do you think Biddy?'....she should give an opinion. Too condescending!
    ok, rant over!.............breath! it's only baking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

It's such a poor relation to the GBBO unfortunately. The contestants aren't up to scratch - no one even seems to practice when they're at home, and they're constantly asking each other for help. The judges are very weak. As for the "humorous" presenter... I wish they'd put a little more effort into the show as this could have been a gem but instead has become just another lame copy of a UK format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Have to agree with the above post, its such a poor imitation of the real thing, if they were gonna go for such a carbon copy look then why skimp on things, plastic cheap bowls and the misshapen pieces of filthy paper they use when numbering people in the technical challenge, the whole show just screams cheap and the two judges have zero charisma or charm. As for the bakers, your one from d4 would wanna be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Just dont shoot me Ben ;)

I think everyones comments are very fair above, I believe if it gets a second year it will only be improved more and more.

Advertisement