Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ITDept wrote: »
    Carrageen mousse, served in pairs... not saying they look like boobs but :pac:

Particularly Oonagh's!
    I don't get why they would feel the need to add nipples, but there ya go!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Tiddle off Biddy, you're full of it...........:(........

"This is the way I imagined it"

The bluffing is mad tonight........

Will!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaa!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

woo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Delira for you will. I feel Stephen was a bit hard done by though.

• Advertisement

Ah Stephen, don't be questioning the judges' decision!
    Good man Will, a difficult challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

How does this compare to the bbc version?

Might give it a watch. Love the BBC one.

MaryAnne's tuile is like a brain from Hannibal...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The colours of the flag don't 'go' together..

Jesus will, you should've chosen a more aesthetically pleasing country for your family to come from. Silly will.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Ah Stephen, don't be questioning the judges' decision!
    Good man Will, a difficult challenge

I agree in that it was a difficult challenge. I also think it was a poor challenge though. There's so many other challenges they could have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Whisko wrote: »
    How does this compare to the bbc version?

Might give it a watch. Love the BBC one.

1/10 at best. Entertaining enough but miles away from the quality across the water unfortunately.

That's it Will.......Change the Flag!!....:(

Good for you!....:)

MaryAnne's first cake was lovely!...

Oonagh, sorry about that!!........

Whoohooo will, you're in the final!

Good job MaryAnne
    Pity to see Oonagh go but she didn't have a great week, particularly re presentation.
    Stephen was very nervous this week by the look of things

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

'Anyone of them could win' - more profound statements from Biddy!!!
    Roll on next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Arciphel wrote: »
    God how can anyone watch this program with Mary Anne in it, she gives me hives :-/

Me too .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zworkian

It sure was a strange episodes with weird challenges. The judges comments didnt make a lot of sense and some were even quite bitchy I thought. Maryanne's cake was a technical challenge in the GBBO so it sure wasn't as easy as Biddy said. The comment about the colours not going together on Will's cake was daft as well.

The technical challenge was a joke, not a lot of baking involved really, just a bunch of weird ingredients Biddy found at the beach and in the forrest. She didn't seem to like her own recipe much at all.

Will you did great though, well done. Also loving your shirts, looking great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thanks so much everyone your support means to much stunned by it all

Chong wrote: »

Really delighted for you will!!! Hope you're not picking the bridesmaid dresses for your wedding with those colours! :) looking forward to next week and although you already know the outcome, I'll be rooting for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zworkian

Chong wrote: »

Well, you come across as a genuine and very likable guy with great skills. Rooting for you is easy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found the concept of making a panna cotta style dessert in a BAKING competion bizarre, especially as it seemed to be the reason why Stephen was marked in last place for the "technical bake" despite Biddy's near orgasmic reaction to the crab flavour in what he actually baked.

In her defense though, she did seem to volunteer opinion before Paul gave his for the first time tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Only caught up late last night and I am THRILLED to see Will in the final. Strange episode I thought, Biddy's challenge was bizarre to say the least. I agree that some of the show stoppers were not the standard you would expect at this stage of the competition. Even Mr Jos commented that they didn't look great and he will eat all my disasters and tell me they were nice :D

Great to see Will enjoying himself and looking forward to the final. I am starting a campaign to eliminate Biddy and have Catherine Leyden for judge next year !!

Thanks alot Jos28 :) chuffed with the support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jaysus that was a crap theme. I'm just at the start of the technical challenge now and it's all a bit bizarre.

Jaysus that was a crap theme. I'm just at the start of the technical challenge now and it's all a bit bizarre.

Trying baking under such themes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just finished watching it and I thought that the comments they made about your cake when they were judging at the end were a bit harsh. I thought it looked great. I don't know what they were expecting.

At least the three in the final deserve to be there. Despite their faults the judges have got that bit right.

I just finished watching it and I thought that the comments they made about your cake when they were judging at the end were a bit harsh. I thought it looked great. I don't know what they were expecting.

At least the three in the final deserve to be there. Despite their faults the judges have got that bit right.

Cheers Bobblehead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,238 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Me too .

Me three,four and five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Between halloween and the children, I'm just catching up now. Well done Will, well deserved win on the technical challenge. Sorry but I am going to bring it up again, on the bread challenge when you made your own butter, and Biddy's comment "it's not a butter making competition", I am now thinking that Biddy was either green with jealousy or did not know what she was going to be judging in the competition.

• Advertisement

Hi Lovely baking enthuasists.

I hope you can all make this event on Saturday, its gonna be brilliant, we will also be doing lots of crowd participation.

http://whatson.arnotts.ie/homewares/great-irish-bake-off-pros-visit-arnotts/

Cheers

Will

Advertisement