Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Why is Lilly so moody looking standing to the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Eh who do you think 'owns' the last bake Paul, perhaps the only contestant who hasn't put their hand up yet? Div.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What a surprise, Fionnadh coming first... even if she had a "disaster".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Oooh Cathy and Claire will defo be through I think and its a toss up between Emer and James for the last place me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Why do they keep it a secret what the cakes look like? Like why don't they give them a photo for reference? Or would that defeat the point?

Its supposed to challenge the contestants knowledge of bakery. I know in the British one they often leave out directions for certain basic components that they should know. For example they might say make a crème pat or make chouzx buns but only give the ingredients. I assume it's the same with presentation.

• Advertisement

Noooo! They are only supposed to judge on the cakes baked this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Judges are awful, hopefully lilly is gone next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

2 :eek:

Eimear is going maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Knew Fionnadh would go home when they were looking back over the previous bakes too.

• Advertisement

Ah no! I'll miss James

But who should replace her? One of the Allens maybe? The same thing happened with Biddy and but they replaced her with someone worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

It feels so off-balanced with only 2 bakes. Claire getting star baker this week, Fionnadh leaving today, and Natasha (wasn't that her name?) going her week almost feels random.

I don't think she is an asset to the show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

No surprise there....

Hope the final is a blast!

My money is on Emer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ah this is rubbish, not enjoying the series whatsoever :(
    I hope Emer wins

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Emer and Cathy are best imo. Claire us good too.

Poor aul James.
    Meh I won't miss fionnadh, I never warmed to her.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    But who should replace her? One of the Allens maybe? The same thing happened with Biddy and but they replaced her with someone worse.

Louise Lennox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Noooo! They are only supposed to judge on the cakes baked this weekend.

But as they said, Emer had the best souffle, but the worst technical, with Fionnadh it was the other way round.

Lily wants to be anywhere but there, she should try to smile for Chrissakes.

My money is on Claire to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm waiting for the moment when Paul says "no-one will win this year, the standard this year is so poor I'm going to give the prize to myself".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Cathy or Emer to win hopefully.

Cannot stand Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Bored_lad wrote: »

Yes one of them or maybe just an unknown baker with a bit of personality, she's just so dull and I get the impression she's not a very good baker herself, one episode where she set the challenge her bake looked worse that some of the contestants.

Louise Lennox

OK she's someone I think would do a good job especially with Paul if they judged properly instead of just saying this is nice or I don't like this.

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the moment when Paul says no-one will win this year, the standard this year is so poor I'm going to give the prize to myself".

:D:D:D

And a new geometry set for the runner-ups!....;)

Louise Lennox

:confused:

Who dat??

:confused:

Who dat??

Lady who bakes the Stork cakes during the ads

She used to be the pastry chef on The Restaurant and pops up in RTE regularly

Lady who bakes the Stork cakes during the ads

She used to be the pastry chef on The Restaurant and pops up in RTE regularly

Is that her?....I didn't recognise her at all! Yip, she has a chatty personality for sure. Lily is a grand girl, but she is browbeaten by Paul...

Is that her?....I didn't recognise her at all! Yip, she has a chatty personality for sure. Lily is a grand girl, but she is browbeaten by Paul...

Don't think she is currently on the restaurant.

Was on the original series possibly. She is very chatty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Louise Lennox

She's the one. Well used to TV as well.

More importantly, I think she'd stand up to Paul and be prepared to contradict him on and off screen, thus adding to the show. TV3 really need to sign her up.

At the beginning I was a bit annoyed at the quality of the bakers, but the fact that it's all a bit car crash with the bad baking and Paul being a bit OCD and obnoxious means it's a bit more entertaining in a way.

Hope Emer wins, or Cathy would do. But I expect Claire to win it tbh.

Advertisement