Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravity Rush 2

Options
  • 19-09-2013 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

One of the finest games that i have played this generation from the guys over at SCEJ Team Siren who apparently are now called Team Gravity ?

I cannot wait for this beauty :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for this. Only played a bit of the first game but I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got the first one through PS+ and I thought it was an interesting concept. I liked the graphic style too but the game didn't grab me. Since I had so many other PS+ games to try at the time I didn't give it another chance. I might go back to it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If they iron out the combat, this should be a day-one purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It still blows my mind that the just gave this away on PS+. Best handheld game I've played in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Gravity Rush is one of the worst games i ever played on the VITA

For one it does not look as good as people make it out to be its very blurry i found

Gameplay is shocking notting ever works right and the controls are shocking and so many problems with everything

Will not be getting the 2nd one as i hated the 1st

I got the game as a gift on the friday the day it came out sold it the whensday for 20 euros that shows nobody wonted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm late to the party on this one! Didnt know they were making a sequel.

Playing the first one at the moment and I am just blown away by how good it is. So original, so so good.

The only negative I can see is the combat needs to be fine tuned. Its annoying when you fly past an enemy that you had seemingly locked on to.

Outside of that though the game looks gorgeous. Love the art style and cell shading, etc..

The music is quality. Really atmospheric and just fits the game perfectly.

The comic book style way of showing you part of the missions is a really nice touch imo as well.

And of course the gravity rushing! oh the gravity rushing!! I saw a reply on youtube from someone saying the spent the whole time just going " weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! " .. and to be fair that kinda sums it up. Even when your just roaming around its great fun.

This should be a day 1 purchase for anyone with a vita.

Any idea's on a release date? Will it be this year or 2014 I wonder?

Either way I can not wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thread bump! Game is out tomorrow, I got it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I still need to finish the first game on the Vita.

The trailer is amazing:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pity there's no Vita release this time around .

Thread bump! Game is out tomorrow, I got it now.

How did you get it early?

Pity there's no Vita release this time around .

How did you get it early?

I ordered it online and it arrived at parcel motel yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I still need to finish the first game on the Vita.

Got stuck in a part where
    the cat gets sick
    and gave up on it. Really need to go back and play it again. Really enjoyed it up to that point and it was beautiful to look at on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I absolutely loved the original Gravity Rush (to the point where I've platinumed it on both Vita and PS4!), but it's very expensive. It was 47 GBP on Amazon last I checked. I paid 28 for FFXV, and that's going to keep me occupied for quite some time, so I'll hold off on this until it drops a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

chrislad wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the original Gravity Rush (to the point where I've platinumed it on both Vita and PS4!), but it's very expensive. It was 47 GBP on Amazon last I checked. I paid 28 for FFXV, and that's going to keep me occupied for quite some time, so I'll hold off on this until it drops a bit.

I got it on the PSN January sale. €14.99 or something. Started it yesterday.

I got it on the PSN January sale. €14.99 or something. Started it yesterday.

I mean that the sequel is very expensive at the moment, not the original Gravity Rush. The new one is either just out or out this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

chrislad wrote: »
    I mean that the sequel is very expensive at the moment, not the original Gravity Rush. The new one is either just out or out this week.

Ah right. My bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

74.99 in gamestop lol, I'm not pay more than 30 for this.

It is very expensive. But I absolutely love it, and absolutely think its worth the price tag (well not 75 notes but certainly 60)

It's an absolutely huge step up from the original, not surprising considering its going from the vita to the PS3.

It is very expensive. But I absolutely love it, and absolutely think its worth the price tag (well not 75 notes but certainly 60)

It's an absolutely huge step up from the original, not surprising considering its going from the vita to the PS3.

What are the side quest like?

What are the side quest like?

Little better than the first game, still some of the boring ones like stealth though.

74.99 in gamestop lol, I'm not pay more than 30 for this.

I'm the same. My limit would be 50, if I had nothing else to play. As I said earlier, I'm in the middle of Final Fantasy XV at the moment, so no rush to get into this. It's a bit crazy expensive, probably because it's a bit of a niche game. I played the demo, and it does look gorgeous though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I was waiting for this to go down in price on Amazon but it has increased!! Other online stores like thegamecollection.net are not even showing it anymore. I'm guessing the number of copies produced was relatively small.

Picked up a copy in Smyths for 54.99. Enjoying it so far.

Currently €40 in symths!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

In the 2 for 30 deal on psn, is it good?

sweetie wrote: »
    In the 2 for 30 deal on psn, is it good?

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Finally finished the first game and picked up the sequel last week. Early on but it seems to pretty much have all the same problems as the first despite some tweaks to the combat and better animation. That said I'm still enjoying it, its amazing just how much the atmosphere, strong main character and the core mechanic of gravity shifting sell what should be pretty mediocre games.

Advertisement