Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ios7 address book query

• 19-09-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

hi,

When I upgraded to ios7, my contacts list has changed around. In ios6, I had some some contacts as follows "22, High road, Joe Bloggs" and all the contacts starting with numbers were grouped together. Now after the upgrade this has changed to something like this:- "Joe Bloggs, 22, High road". The number contacts have now gone alphabetical:confused:

Maybe its only a small alteration, but its beating me at the mo..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

You can change sort order or display order.

Settings
    Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    Sort Order
    First, Last or Last, First

Display Order

If you want them grouped some particular way, then Sort Order is the one to change.

The behaviour you want depends on where you have included the numbers. If you choose contact, edit and read whether the numbers are in the First (name) or Last (name) field. Then you can sort them as you wish (with numbers all together).

The display order will just change how you read them, not how they are grouped.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Ur[s]uS wrote: »
    You can change sort order or display order.

Settings
    Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    Sort Order

Display Order

If you want them grouped some particular way, then Sort Order is the one to change.

The behaviour you want depends on where you have included the numbers. If you choose contact, edit and read whether the numbers are in the First (name) or Last (name) field. Then you can sort them as you wish (with numbers all together).

The display order will just change how you read them, not how they are grouped.

Many thanks!! Sorted

Advertisement