Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Truck Thru Longford

Options
  • 19-09-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Leaving Newry to drive to Lanesborough, in an Artic Truck, can i drive thru Longford town as there are a couple of low bridges, or is there an alternative route. CHEERS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

g11mcg wrote: »
    Leaving Newry to drive to Lanesborough, in an Artic Truck, can i drive thru Longford town as there are a couple of low bridges, or is there an alternative route. CHEERS

You should be alright. Low bridges / tall load routes are sign posted but I don't think they've been changed to use the new bypass. I think you'd be able to avoid the town by taking the 4th roundabout on the n4 onto the new bypass. Left at the end back towards the town, right to bring you past flancares warehouses. right at the end and you're on the lanesboro road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 g11mcg

Thanx, was thinking I could go thru flancare and down onto the Lanesboro road. Years ago I used to go arovnd the town via a back road by the big graveyard.

Advertisement