Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seabass Legal

• 19-09-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone heard about this new Seabass reverse auction company in Dublin. I only have a 2 employess, and once a year I have a lot of accounting/legal work that could be done by one good person and save me money. Surely there are unemployed solicitors/accountants out there! They said they'll run the tender for me free and give me quotes that I pick from. I saw one website down in COrk, but that seemed to be run by solicitors themselves! Has anyone used them? It's worth a shot though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

PAW2011 wrote: »
    Anyone heard about this new Seabass reverse auction company in Dublin. I only have a 2 employess, and once a year I have a lot of accounting/legal work that could be done by one good person and save me money. Surely there are unemployed solicitors/accountants out there! They said they'll run the tender for me free and give me quotes that I pick from. I saw one website down in COrk, but that seemed to be run by solicitors themselves! Has anyone used them? It's worth a shot though?

Unemployed solicitors are not permitted to practise as they would not have a practising certificate. If you are not in employment and have a practising certificate, then you would be partner in a firm or a sole practitioner.

If you want legal work to be done by unemployed solicitors, then you can ask for that but be aware that the unemployed solicitor is running a risk of prosecution and you would be in a difficult position if there is an error made.

In short, it's not worth the risk and any unemployed solicitor who had any aspirations to get back into the legal field would not do the work anyway so that anyone you did manage to get, I would have thought would not be the most scrupulous....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PAW2011

Cheers for that, I'm sure they said it would be put out to all subscribed and vetted solicitors and/or qualified and registered accountants, but I'll check before I decide who gets the work. Incidentally, have got some feedback from them already (after only 4 days), have received 2 flat fee quotes from two solicitors already for my annual and tax (income and vat) returns, both more competitive than I paid in 2012,so it looks good. I'll let you know if I give one of them the business

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

PAW2011 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I'm sure they said it would be put out to all subscribed and vetted solicitors and/or qualified and registered accountants, but I'll check before I decide who gets the work. Incidentally, have got some feedback from them already (after only 4 days), have received 2 flat fee quotes from two solicitors already for my annual and tax (income and vat) returns, both more competitive than I paid in 2012,so it looks good. I'll let you know if I give one of them the business

Just curious, but why are you getting solicitors to do your tax returns instead of accountants? Or am I misunderstanding you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PAW2011

Well I asked the guys in seabass and they were like let's put it out there to accountants and solicitors qualified from the tax institute, see what is the cheapest. They way I see it, if I could get a solicitor that I can ring for advice on employent law or food and safety regulations, and can do my returns or look after that, it takes the hassle out of that. I don't know about it though it all seems new, all I just know that when I get involved in competitive tenders in end up taking lower price than if I got a call to do the catering so if I can put the shoe on the other foot I'll definitely look into it

Advertisement