Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this for real????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I think i have just traveled back in time to 2005! Now I'm off to get my 110% mortgage from Anglo to buy that house, looks like a good investment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have no idea about that property, but there is a lot of fishing and messing going on by vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Seems a teeny bit ambitious alright, someone chancing their arm?
    Related Sold Properties:

72 Shanboley Road, Beaumont, Dublin 9 Sold for €215,000 on 18th Jun 2013
    50 Shanboley Road, Beaumont, Dublin 9 Sold for €257,000 on 12th Oct 2012
    49 SHANBOLEY ROAD, Beaumont, Dublin 9 Sold for €290,000 on 25th Nov 2011
    19 Shanboley Road, Beaumont, Dublin 9 Sold for €286,500 on 9th Dec 2010
    23 Shanboley Road, Beaumont, Dublin 9 Sold for €267,500 on 16th Jul 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

jackal wrote: »
    Seems a teeny bit ambitious alright, someone chancing their arm?

Crazy crazy stuff.. Myself and dh passed by the son cleaning the house out about 2mths ago and my husband jut asked if it was been sold as we had been living in the area for 4 yrs, renting. Ideally we would love to buy around here so we kept an eye out for the sale sign to go up and we'd guessed bout 220 for it as it needs alot of work (this was the sons quote). But the son did make the remark that the will was being picked at by himself and 2 siblings! So I'm guessing its them who have out the crazy price, not the EA! There's a house up the rd semi d big back garden show house cond selling for 259!
    Feel like I'm back in 2005 alright!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Somewhere just over 200k is probably reasonable........

• Advertisement

Somewhere just over 200k is probably reasonable........

Couldn't agree more conductor and that's what we were hoping for but we couldn't even put in a bid if we wanted too with that nonsensical price! Famiky being hungry me thinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Look at the size of the side garden, I'm sure you would get PP for another house there, which would make the price stack up IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Look at the size of the side garden, I'm sure you would get PP for another house there, which would make the price stack up IMO...

its an awkward shape though:

designcopy_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not a hope you'd fit a normal house in to that garden, although I'm fairly sure the EA will drop that as a suggestion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

If the garage was taken out there would be plenty of space for another odd shape house:pac:

• Advertisement

take a look at this around the corner from my family home, I cant get the image dead on, but it beggars belief, it widens at the back obviously, you just get rid of that side garage, put in an alley between the two and have a new detached house ideally.

http://goo.gl/maps/oqHqq

that image because I cant get it dead on, doesnt do any justice to how bloody ridiculously narrow the house is at the front!

also came across this yesterday...

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/carna-56a-rosemount-estate-dundrum-dublin-14/2428267

I think legally though, each house has to have 25m2 rear garden space, which could be tight if two houses on the site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have seen DCC giving PP for house that are built at a 45 degree angle and look tiny on the inside.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

hfallada wrote: »
    I have seen DCC giving PP for house that are built at a 45 degree angle and look tiny on the inside.

Not recently.........
    Not a snowballs chance in hell that PP would run on a property like this.
    The large garden is a selling point- and may be worth a slight premium- but thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

here we go! take a look at the below, I was sure I had seen it on the market recently, but they they have the rear of the house as the main picture, so I didnt recognise it. Take a look at this from the front!!!

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/1a-weston-terrace-churchtown-dublin-14/2540026

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Victor wrote: »
    I have no idea about that property, but there is a lot of fishing and messing going on by vendors.

It's not actually for sale and the vendor is trying to get the bank off their back?

gaius c wrote: »
    It's not actually for sale and the vendor is trying to get the bank off their back?

^^^^^^^^????

Advertisement