Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house offer

Options
  • 19-09-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I've just received a phone call from council saying a house has become available in my area of choice would I be interested in it, I've said yes and she's said there's lots of interest do u know what way it works and will there be loads getting the same call as me????

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

To be honest wait until the council offers you a house in writing,god only knows how many will have been asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mrsp08

Thank you, I've just never heard of them arranging a meeting about the house, but also saying there's others in for it too??? guess they change rules all the time... Usually it was if someone declined go to next on the list etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Mrsp08 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I've just received a phone call from council saying a house has become available in my area of choice would I be interested in it, I've said yes and she's said there's lots of interest do u know what way it works and will there be loads getting the same call as me????

The council can change their mind at any given moment unless they've offered you the house in writing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mrsp08

Got the letter today it's mine :)))))

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Mrsp08 wrote: »
    Got the letter today it's mine :)))))

All the very best to you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement