Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch All-Ireland Final in Edinburgh?

• 19-09-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently in Scotland. Just wondering if there are any recommendations about where is best to watch the All-Ireland this Sunday? We're looking for somewhere with some atmosphere where other Mayo/Dub fans would likely be gathered.

Thanks in advance!

-Alessandra

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Malones on Forrest Rd might have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Finnegan's Wake on Victoria St are definitely showing it http://www.finnegans-wake.co.uk/sports/

I''ll be watching it on my newly minted dodgy sat box in Musselburgh :D Love having all the Irish channels at home now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Finnegan's Wake on Victoria St are definitely showing it http://www.finnegans-wake.co.uk/sports/

I''ll be watching it on my newly minted dodgy sat box in Musselburgh :D Love having all the Irish channels at home now

Thanks! That that was the one I was thinking of. Was wondering if there were any hidden gems elsewhere in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

i live in scotland and i regularly go to malones. Rte on the big screen. even have tayto and club orange .

could you be kind enough to PM me where you obtained this box. ive been trying since i moved here to get rte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

kelledy wrote: »
    i live in scotland and i regularly go to malones. Rte on the big screen. even have tayto and club orange .

What's the craic like? Is it mainly just groups of mates, or is it a place a few ex-pats can sit down and talk ****e and watch the match?

discus wrote: »
    What's the craic like? Is it mainly just groups of mates, or is it a place a few ex-pats can sit down and talk ****e and watch the match?

a bit of both i guess. although prob more groups of mates but itd be one of the more popular irish bars in edinburgh. ive been to most and malones is my favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

discus wrote: »

Bit late to reply but yeah, it is a mixture of both.

All the staff are pretty much from Ireland north and south so it feels like a proper home pub rather than a complete fiddley-aye place too :)

Advertisement