Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a body modification artist in the munster area.

Options
  • 19-09-2013 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I am currently thinking up projects to do in my spare time as I am an engineering student and have come to the point where I would like to have an rfid tag implanted into my hand.

Basically what an rfid tag is is a little cylinder about the size of a grain of rice that transmits data that can be picked up by an nfc reader. There are other types of tags but that's not important for my application. This will allow me to create circuits such as a door lock that will open when i pass my hand over it.

What I need though is recommendations for body modification artists in the Munster area that would be willing to do this. I am in Limerick so the closer the better. It would only entail a tiny incision and a stitch afterwards.

I would like to have it implanted in the webbing between the thumb and index finger as that is the easiest place to have it I feel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

https://www.facebook.com/BazBlackPiercing

Baz is the first name that comes to mind. It's not munster but tbh there's not that many people doing implants in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not sure how feasible the thumb would be for this, as it's an area with a massive amount of movement... The back of the hand might be better? Baz'd know for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The tip of the finger is the most common place for the magnetic implants, so my guess is that's where you would most likely have to get it.

Now, bearing in mind, that Baz and most all other body mod artists would order their implant supplies from Steve Haworth, the pioneer in this type of modification. Your implant will need to be encased in a very specific type of non-degrading silicone.

Certainly contact Baz, or even Steve Haworth, but honestly, I wouldn't have too high hopes of actually getting it done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I have a magnetic implant from Baz Black, I looked the length and breadth of the country and he was the only person I could find who was willing, experienced, and reputable. My next options were Wolverhampton and London. I couldn't recommend him higher. The implant method he used with me was different to the one you're referring to, and my magnet is similar in dimension to an rfid tag, he created a pocket using a piercing needle of the same radius as the magnet and just slipped it in, no stitch necessary, having expected the same as you I was amazed at how easily the implantation went.

Mac Mccarthy, aka Dr Evil, is based in the UK but tours an awful lot and is no stranger to Ireland, you could keep your eye on his schedule in case he winds up in your general area at some point, it could be quite the wait though, I think he was over not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Mac Mccarthy, aka Dr Evil, is based in the UK but tours an awful lot and is no stranger to Ireland, you could keep your eye on his schedule in case he winds up in your general area at some point, it could be quite the wait though, I think he was over not too long ago.

Yeah, he's a staple of the Midleton convention every year. Might have to get him to split my tongue next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement