Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Air out of stock everywhere? Any info available?

• 19-09-2013 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

A sales assistant in Harvey Norman today told me that they have no Macbook Airs in any of their stores and that there is a worldwide shortage. Does anybody have any further info on this? I need to buy a new laptop soon and I really wanted a Macbook Air but I'd like to know how long I'd have to wait....

Sorry if there're already threads about this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭zega

Dunno what your man is wafflin on about.All spec macbook airs are in stock on apple.ie and ship within 1-2 days

Why not buy directly from apple.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

zega wrote: »
    Dunno what your man is wafflin on about.All spec macbook airs are in stock on apple.ie and ship within 1-2 days

Why not buy directly from apple.ie?

Interesting.........

I want to buy from Harvey Norman because I can pay in installments with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I hope it's not the rip-off flexi-rent deal you're thinking of....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭zega

as far as i know harvey normans finance deals are a bit pricey.but if that's what your after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Is there a Macbook line refreshment coming soon? Heard there was.....

• Advertisement

zega wrote: »
    as far as i know harvey normans finance deals are a bit pricey.but if that's what your after...

My thoughts exactly, I won't start a discussion if financing a MacBook is a good idea or not...
    If you want to go that route almost any other option is a better idea, credit card, bank loan or best is credit union loan...
    Like I said, your choice, but it wouldn't surprise me if HN makes more on the finance deal than the product...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

flyguy wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, I won't start a discussion if financing a MacBook is a good idea or not...
    If you want to go that route almost any other option is a better idea, credit card, bank loan or best is credit union loan...
    Like I said, your choice, but I wouldn't surprise me if HN makes more on the finance deal than the product...

Definitely. I have a friend working in the retail trade and he says the margins on Apple stock is tiny. Something like €20 on an iPad for example!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

SachaJ wrote: »
    Is there a Macbook line refreshment coming soon? Heard there was.....

The MacBook Pro is expected to get a refresh next month, but not the Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The air was only changed a couple of months back so there's no way it's going to be changed again.

No. It's called Quick Credit. You pay it off in 10 monthly installments, interest free. Can't get better than that.

• Advertisement

If anyone hears anything about Macbook Air stock, let me know :-)

whirlpool wrote: »
    No. It's called Quick Credit. You pay it off in 10 monthly installments, interest free. Can't get better than that.

Nope, you're right that's a good deal. They must be desperate for sales then. Ignore everything I said before, business as usual I guess;-)
    Like others said, MacBook Air last update June-July so don't expect any update till that time next year. Recently online mac store USA already started selling the current models refurb MacBook airs, haven't seen them in the ie store yet (only the 2012 model available) but might be something to keep an eye on. Should be around 20% less than RRP.

Advertisement