Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling Business account

Options
  • 19-09-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Looking for advice on sterling business accounts, applied to an Irish bank to open one but discovered its sort code will be Irish so anyone in the uk transferring funds will be charged extra. What I need is an sterling UK account but was told I need to register our company in the UK for this and feel this will open us up to a second set f books and auditing within the UK which we don't want now.

How do companies overcome this ?

Also just discovered stripe.com and wondering people thoughts on it as a payment method

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Ulster Bank will open you a Stg current account in Befast with a UK sort code. We do this and it works perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JCabot

Thanks didnt think of NI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

JCabot wrote: »
    Also just discovered stripe.com and wondering people thoughts on it as a payment method

Spent most of today integrating Stripe into a website and really impressed with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JCabot

Yea they seem good, love to talk to them as I'm not a techie and not sure about some procedures but they ony have Internet support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

As above, if you bank with Ulster Bank they will set up an account in Newry branch for you - no need to travel there, all done by local manager and takes about 2 weeks. Then just use the online platform to do everything. Monthly charge is £5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

JCabot wrote: »
    Yea they seem good, love to talk to them as I'm not a techie and not sure about some procedures but they ony have Internet support

Like any of the payment gateways, you will need to be technically proficient yourself or you will need to find someone that is.

Stripe won't really help you implement a payment solution.

Alternatively (depending on your requirements), you may be able to use one of the off-the-shelf e-commerce solutions that offers a ready-made Stripe payment gateway. I needed something fairly custom so off-the shelf wasn't an option for me.

If it's an online store you're looking for, there's a reasonable selection of them available to suit most budgets.

Advertisement