Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boss acting jn unprofessional manner

Options
  • 19-09-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey boards

I am a childcare worker and very uncomfortable about my managers behaviour. She undermines her staff. Speaks about us all behind our backs to other staff members. She also discusses when she gives staff verbal warnings and the likes. I do not know how to deal with her behaviour but it is making me very anxious in my workplace.

I am good at my job but always feel that any second she is going to turn in me... all the staff are walking on eggshells but nobody is willing to stand up to her..

Advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Any higher boss she has too report to.

Try getting complaints from other staff members to build up a convincing case against her. Log every incident and keep a diary so that details are not forgotten. If possible have a work colleague attend any meetings you may have with her discussing anything to do with jobs or performance issues or conditions so that promises are kept and accusations not made without due cause.

If not already done, get a written works contract and a workplace policy document so you know what your key performance indicators and expectations are in enough detail so you can judge what is needed for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

She is unlikely to change her behaviour, to be honest. This kind of diffuse intimidation is hard to counteract and you are better off looking for another job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tobyjensen

It is easier to get another job. That said, now you are free to practice honing your communication skills with low risk until you do. Ever wished you could have said something that mattered or in a tense situation been able to change the whole tone of the conversation to get a win for everyone? Now's your chance. Many wonderful books on how to deal with difficult people have been written. Just use one!

Advertisement