Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on new wired router.

• 19-09-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I have a very old ZyXEL Prestige 600 series router that I got originally from Eircom even though I'm now with Imagine. Anyway I think it has reached it's end of life. It keeps dropping it's connection even though all lights are still flashing. I can't run Firefox and uTorrennt togeather for very long or leave uTorrent running on it's own without having to pull the USB cable and plug it back in to get it going again. Very annoying.

So can anyone recommend a good WIRED DSL router? If possible, one for sale in Dublin so I can pick it up this weekend. Thanks to anyone who gets back to me.

Dakan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Your router is fine, just outdated, reduce number of connections in torrent for now while looking for a new one. Shouldn't make any difference in terms of speed anyway.

Advertisement