Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a cat flap through a wall?

• 19-09-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

The only place I really have to put a cat flap is through the wall. However my walls are 300mm thick. I've been able to find a cat flap and extenders so that is not a problem, I'm more wondering about the cat actually climbing through the tunnel - will they do it? I'm interested to hear if anyone has a setup like this and if the cat uses it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I have a cat flap through the kitchen wall as my back door is a set of sliding glass patio doors. I had it put in when my house was being built. All the builder did was use a normal cat flap and made a tunnel from ply wood to bridge the gap between the interior and exterior opening. He then used the back and front of the cat flap on each side - so the swing door is on the inside.
    My cat loves it as he can sit in the tunnel and look out before he ventures outside. There is obviously a step down on the outside as the kitchen floor is at a higher level than the outside. We used a building block as a step.
    No rain or wind comes in at all as opposed to one in a door which you need to keep locked on a windy night, which kinda defeats the object of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We have one in the wall too, no extender or anything like that, just the 2 doors at either side of the wall and my guys use it no problem! As above they like to sit in it and have a peep around before they leave though its out of action at the moment cos Peach's fat bum broke it! Santa paws will be bringing a new one :P

Advertisement