Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another btea question

Options
  • 19-09-2013 9:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Have people started receiving there btea payments?I got a letter to say I was accepted onto to the scheme in August and to bring a letter of reg into then before sept 20th which I did on sept 4th and ive heard nothing since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Same here OP, total lack of correspondence on the Social Welfare's part. I went in and collected my JA from the post office as usual this week so I'm assuming that as I officially start my course on Monday that it'll kick in then.

I've attempted to call my local officer in charge of BTEA because my local SW office seemed to know nothing about me changing over to BTEA and I kept being fobbed off by them. Eventually I got annoyed and said I need an answer and was told if there was anything wrong you would have been contacted. It's pretty poor form that they make such a stressful time even more so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Same here OP, total lack of correspondence on the Social Welfare's part. I went in and collected my JA from the post office as usual this week so I'm assuming that as I officially start my course on Monday that it'll kick in then.

I've attempted to call my local officer in charge of BTEA because my local SW office seemed to know nothing about me changing over to BTEA and I kept being fobbed off by them. Eventually I got annoyed and said I need an answer and was told if there was anything wrong you would have been contacted. It's pretty poor form that they make such a stressful time even more so.

OK that puts my mind at ease somewhat,I started my course last week like and still nothing,hope to god there's nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I hope so too. But seeing as they said to you to have the registration letter in before the 20th of this month, I'll hope that's a good sign that payments don't start until after then.

Edit : Just came across this, it might be helpful: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86306737

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I've been having the same problem, got in touch with them yesterday. I was told as well as the registration letter, you need a commencement letter, one that says you have started classes, what date you started and what date you finish. Only then will your payments starts. Ridiculous that they haven't actually informed anyone of this but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I started back in Second Year on the 2nd of September. I also dropped into the SW office the same day with my confirmation letters. Heard nothing until I got a letter two days ago stating I'm back on the scheme and that my next payment will be into my bank account which should have been yesterday, nothing there.

Actually, does anyone know if they automatically backdate the payment to the date you started?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Just rang them there, the lady said that there was no problem and to keep collecting JSA As normal and one week it won't be there in the P.O and should be there the following Thursday In my bank account. She said they've a lot too process, so hopefully it will all work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 melanie76c

Hi all,
    I had the letter of registration dropped in to the SW the week before I started my course. This was a letter I received in the post the week before starting college with all my details. I got a further letter from SW to get a letter from the college stating that I had started and what my start and finish dates were. I got that in reception in the college, handed back to SW and they could tell me there and then that my payment would be in the bank the following week (last Thursday 12th). I had thought I was covered with just the registration letter, but you have to go back to SW with proof that you have actually started the course, then you are put on BTEA for the next week. It is terribly stressful, your future and plans regarding education are dependant on receiving this payment, I wish there were some way they could let ppl know that they are definately eligible for this before they actually start college.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

melanie76c wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I had the letter of registration dropped in to the SW the week before I started my course. This was a letter I received in the post the week before starting college with all my details. I got a further letter from SW to get a letter from the college stating that I had started and what my start and finish dates were. I got that in reception in the college, handed back to SW and they could tell me there and then that my payment would be in the bank the following week (last Thursday 12th). I had thought I was covered with just the registration letter, but you have to go back to SW with proof that you have actually started the course, then you are put on BTEA for the next week. It is terribly stressful, your future and plans regarding education are dependant on receiving this payment, I wish there were some way they could let ppl know that they are definately eligible for this before they actually start college.

Relax. Just get the letter they are asking for and it should be sorted. You have it, it is just that they need the confirmation. Its a pain in the arse money wise though. I have spent a fortune in the last 3 weeks or so and havnt been getting the extra money i thought id have by now.

I went in yesterday and was told that I will get money tomorow. He said last weeks money too although I am in the course for 4 weeks now and got my JSA for 3 of them.

Is this normal?

Advertisement