Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chill insurance

Options
  • 19-09-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi guys got a query here, got my renewal yesterday from my insurance co and thought it was a bit high so went on to the chill web site and straight away a rep rang me up and gave me a good quote and said its for today only and there was a 2 week cooling period if i did mot want to take it, but he took a deposit of 130 so i rang my old insurance company and told them i would not be renewing my policy and guess what they matched chill and they have more perks so i cancelled chill and they are only refunding 100 so it cost me 30 euro was i screwed or is this the norm, thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

This makes absolutely no sense, not your post, just why you are not getting the full €130 refund. Can you provide more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

all the details i can give is they said there is a 30 euro non refundable administration fee which as far as i know he did not tell me about, they made a quick buck, but I wont be going near them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

The administration and cancellation fees are included in the terms and conditions on their website (click box to agree before getting a quote) so they've not withheld the info from you. It does strike me as harsh though if they charge you an admin fee for cancelling during the cooling off period and having read through their terms and conditions I'd avoid them at all costs. They don't strike me as being customer orientated in the slightest, more like money grabbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'd ask them for a sign off letter and contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.

A consumer (as defined by SI No 853 of 2004) has the right to withdraw from an insurance policy (as defined under SI No 853 of 2004) within 14 days of the start date of the policy (except in the case of travel policies whose operative period is for one month or less) without penalty and without giving any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

LostArt wrote: »
    I'd ask them for a sign off letter and contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.

A consumer (as defined by SI No 853 of 2004) has the right to withdraw from an insurance policy (as defined under SI No 853 of 2004) within 14 days of the start date of the policy (except in the case of travel policies whose operative period is for one month or less) without penalty and without giving any reason.

I've used them with no problems and i am sure there was a cooling off clause mentioned if i changed my mind,does seem a bit harsh and not very business savy to penalise a potential customer as the OP probably won't go near them again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement