Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC South Trade Block

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Saints trade block is as follows:

Will Smith - OVR 83 - ROLB

Smith suits an attacking 4-3 scheme best. Cap problems and the free agent acquisition of Thomas Howard at the same position leads me to put him on the block.

Pierre Thomas - OVR 81 - HB

Thomas is great for sneaking extra yards with the new running game this year and his preferred scheme is a vertical offense. A fine player from what I have seen so far, but I'm happy to go with the younger but similarly rated back up Mark Ingram as he has more scope to improve with XP.

To trade, I could do with a free safety rated in the same range as either of those two players. DT and RT are also positions I need to improve.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

Smith suits an attacking 4-3 scheme best. Cap problems and the free agent acquisition of Thomas Howard at the same position leads me to put him on the block.

Thomas is great for sneaking extra yards with the new running game this year and his preferred scheme is a vertical offense. A fine player from what I have seen so far, but I'm happy to go with the younger but similarly rated back up Mark Ingram as he has more scope to improve with XP.

To trade, I could do with a free safety rated in the same range as either of those two players. DT and RT are also positions I need to improve.

Thanks.

Victor Butler - OVR 83 - LOLB and Kenyon Coleman - OVR 81 - LE have been added to my trade block.

Not really looking for anything specific now as I have shored up my team a bit through free agency, but any offers are considered and I would definitely take first round draft picks.

Paully D wrote: »

Thanks.

Might be interested in Thomas.

My top rated HB is 80 with a drop after, whereas I have Rhodes FS and Clemon(84).

I think I'd be interested in trading Clemon for a HB of some sort anyway.

Might be interested in Thomas.

My top rated HB is 80 with a drop after, whereas I have Rhodes FS and Clemon(84).

I think I'd be interested in trading Clemon for a HB of some sort anyway.

I'd definitely do Clemons for Thomas if you wanted to do that mate. I think it would be a good trade for both of us as we'd both get rid of a dispensable player and replace them with a player who will improve both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Gilberto try out lamair miller he has the stats to be great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah Lamar Miller is a beast in M25.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I'd be a fan of Miller too,95 speed ya can't buy speed like that(well it would take forever to upgrade a player to that anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Just thought I'd bump this. I'm not putting any players on the block but am willing to listen to offers in return for a decent O-lineman. However, all of my draft picks are up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bump this. I'm not putting any players on the block but am willing to listen to offers in return for a decent O-lineman. However, all of my draft picks are up for grabs.

M.Cannon LT 79 rated plus W.Svitek RG rated 76 plus 2nd round pick for Julio Jones?

guns4all wrote: »
    M.Cannon LT 79 rated plus W.Svitek RG rated 76 plus 2nd round pick for Julio Jones?

Sorry, it would take more than that to get Julio! He's probably the least likely player that I'd let go, closely followed by Matt Ryan and Weatherspoon.

Sorry, it would take more than that to get Julio! He's probably the least likely player that I'd let go, closely followed by Matt Ryan and Weatherspoon.

A 1st rounder instead of the 2nd?

• Advertisement

A 1st rounder instead of the 2nd?

Nope, sorry. To be honest I don't think I'll be letting him go. I'm looking to get rid of draft picks rather than acquire them

Nope, sorry. To be honest I don't think I'll be letting him go

Ah cool any interest in either of the linemen

Ah cool any interest in either of the linemen

Both my guys at those positions have better blocking stats than your two guys so unfortunately no interest

Ah Julio Jones....
    Anywho I still have RT Geoff Schwartz OVR 84 PBK84 RBK87 IBL 82 STR 90 up
    Also if you're looking for a Tony G replacement I have TE T.Moeaki.
    His OVR is only 74 but he has a speed rating of 81 and CTH 83 RTE 80 CIT 82 SPC 92,vertical threat guy so 1 for the long bomb

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ah Julio Jones....
    Anywho I still have RT Geoff Schwartz OVR 84 PBK84 RBK87 IBL 82 STR 90 up
    Also if you're looking for a Tony G replacement I have TE T.Moeaki.
    His OVR is only 74 but he has a speed rating of 81 and CTH 83 RTE 80 CIT 82 SPC 92,vertical threat guy so 1 for the long bomb

I'd definitely be interested in Schwartz for the time being. What would it take to get him?

Ahead of the trade deadline, the Saints have the following available:

The main player available would be Roman Harper (SS). He's ranked 83 OVR in my scheme. In exchange for Harper I'd be looking for either a RT of the same rating with very good run, pass and impact block stats, or a MLB of around the same rating as Harper.

Pierre Thomas (HB) for a very low draft pick. To be honest I'd take a 6th or 7th. He's a decent player, but Sproles gets all my snaps at that position and that's not going to change.

Will Smith (ROLB) for around a 5th or 6th round draft pick. I'm awaiting correspondence from another team regarding Smith, but if nothing comes of that then he's available.

I'd definitely be interested in Schwartz for the time being. What would it take to get him?
    My only really area's of need are LG and WR and I don't think you can help me in either position so it would have to be some sort of pick offer I think.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    My only really area's of need are LG and WR and I don't think you can help me in either position so it would have to be some sort of pick offer I think.

How about my 3rd rounder?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

When's the trade deadline? I'll give you a 7th for Thomas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

end of week 8

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Done mate. I will propose the trade when I'm on tonight, or you can do so if you're on before me. Cheers.

Advertisement